Advice needed! 1st ever MFP Post :)

Options
Hi!

I am reaching out to you guys for help and support. To sum it up, I am 5' 3'' 139lbs. My goal is 130lbs. It seems like I have hit a plateau. I am consuming 1200 calories a day (most days). Is it ok to be under that calorie goal on some days? Also, do I eat or not eat back my exercise calories? By not eating my exercise calories, am I hindering my weight loss? How do I get back on track and start losing again? I am new to all these so any advice would be helpful! Thanks in advance! :)

Replies

• yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
  • TheDreadedJynx
    Options
    How often do you work out? I would start by eating more, either by eating back cals burned or increasing your goal by 100 or so.
  • kscott0612
    kscott0612 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys!

I am only working out twice a week. With my work schedule and two small children, I don't get to go as often as I like. I usually start with 30 minutes of cardio and then do 30 minutes of "strength" training. Like shoulder presses, machines, etc. Maybe i'm not staying consistant enough in my workouts?
  • TheDreadedJynx
    Options
    I'd try adding a bit to your normal days too, then. You can always get some short videos to do at home, too! Getting up 20-30 minutes early to get a workout in before your morning shower is a great start to the day! Losing weight is mostly about your diet, exercise can change your shape. I'd also start measuring yourself if you aren't already! Good luck!
  • kscott0612
    kscott0612 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I really need to start measuring myself. I have thought about it but haven't. I'll definitely try the morning workouts and see if I can start seeing a change. Thank you so much for the tips! You have been so helpful! I hope to start seeing progress again soon!