Gazelle as Cardio??

Options
Hi all!

So I've been searching through old posts about the gazelle glider but still can't find the answer to my question... Does the gazelle really count as cardio and does it burn as many calories as the counter on it says? I'm 125 pounds and I see on most calorie counting websites that the calories burned are assuming you are anywhere between 145 and 165 pounds, so I'm sure I'm burning less, I just don't know how much less! Also, it takes me a good 20 minutes to get my heart rate up doing the gazelle.

Anyway, mine says I burn around 9 cals/minute or around 558/hour... Does anyone have any insight on this? Thanks guys!! :heart:

Replies

• girlfriend
    girlfriend Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi I wouldnt go by the gazelle . Have you heard of Body Bug its worn on your wrist it supposed to do this for you on whatever your using
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    The only way to know if it's really cardio is if you get your heart rate up there. We had one and you can certainly do it without raising your heart rate and still feel like you're working out because all your muscles are complaining.

Secondly, whatever it says for calories burned is probably wrong, for your size it can be double what you're actually burning. For someone my size it can be half! So I would definitely invest in a good HRM (doesn't have to be the Polar series to be good) that monitors heart rate with a chest strap, and does the calories for you. That way you'll "know" and can eat accordingly.
  • gryhndlvr
    gryhndlvr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try this site. You can estimate the calories burned based on weight and intensity.

http://www.fatburn.com/free_tool_activity_burn.asp