Which "Diet Out There" Are You Currently Doing?

South Beach, Atkins, Weight Watchers, Low Fat, Low Carb, etc?

Which diet are you doing? Have you done others? What is most successful for you & why? Thanks for the input.

Replies

• runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    I'm doing the cherylpj diet. It's the only one I've tried, and it's effective.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    The MFP diet. I track what I eat and stay within my calorie goal. Always works best for me, since I never realized how much I ate before.
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    The "Coyla Diet." I eat 2350 calories a day, workout hard, focus on strength-training, and avoid eating soy (due to an intolerance). I also make sure I have plenty of magnesium and potassium in my diet.

This diet is very, very specific to me and would likely not work for anyone else.

If you want my opinion, however, I think Weights Watchers is probably the best diet to try for anyone who's just starting.
  • 5kidsforme
    5kidsforme Posts: 131 Member
    I'm not doing any diet. Just old fashioned calorie counting on MFP. I eat everything in moderation. I do not do lowfat. I eat carbs but not too many. I also exercise 6-7 times a week burning 300-600 calories a day. This has worked for me so far. I have been on Weight Watchers and it worked for me as well.

I like Bethenny Frankel's attitude about dieting. She really doesn't diet she just uses portion control! She has the cake but not the whole piece. I've adopted some of her ideas/methods.
  • dorktaped
    dorktaped Posts: 15 Member
    I went mostly Paleo a couple of weeks ago. There have been a few cheat days but it's working out for me! My sleep improved dramatically the first week and that was enough to push me forward.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    I've been doing the "Half a Pizza at Least Once a Week" diet since December 2010.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    IIFYM diet. I try to eat about 300 calories below my TDEE, at least 1 gram of protein for every pound of lean body mass, 0.3 grams of fat for every pound of lean body mass. I lift weights using Strong Lifts 5x5 three times a week. I do low-moderate intensity cardio 2-5 times a week for about a half hour.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    No diet - that implies a short term change.

I'm doing something I hope is sustainable, not just a short term fix.

I'm just tracking my calories, eating 1500-1750 a day, and exercising.
  • KPainter70
    KPainter70 Posts: 152
    Nothing specific. I just eat under my maintenance level and lift heavy.
  • Amy_Lee_2012
    Amy_Lee_2012 Posts: 156 Member
    I've changed my eating habits and daily calorie intake. I also workout 7 days a week. It's working best for me :)
  • I'm actually just watching my calorie intake. I run for 20 minutes and 10 minutes on an elliptical. I'm also taking Hydroxycut...i'm not sure how effective it is, but it can't hurt to try. I'm really trying to lose a lot of weight by the end of April...any other diets or tips I should try?
  • deftanker
    deftanker Posts: 105 Member
    Starting body for life MOnday WOOOOOhooooooooeeeeeeewwwwww..............