pizza

Options
worlass
worlass Posts: 21
My sons girlfiend is coming over to watch movies and have pizza, I want a large size one not invidual ones. She's eats a lot of vegitarian but not opposed to chicken, any suggestions so I can stay within my calories.:smile:

Replies

• j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I got the pizza hut multigrain pizza with all the veggies and lite on the cheese. just eat one or two slices and you'll be fine.
  • coolviolet73
    Options
    Is there any chance that you could make the pizza you'll be enjoying? That way you can control exactly how it's made, what's on it, and will know how many calories it will be. :-). Just food for thought.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I live in a house with 3 men who love pizza - often - so sometimes, I just opt to have one large piece , savor it slowly, and make a big ole salad on the side, and if I'm still hungry, refill the salad bowl.
  • bahodges
    bahodges Posts: 5
    Options
    we have pizza night in my house every Thursday it is my all time favorite food
    and I like to allow myself that treat I usually eat 2 peices of a medium pizza log in
    my food diary and make sure I am still within my calorie range
  • trudance45
    trudance45 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    if your ordering from dominos i know they do a lower fat cheese which tastes great, just as long as you have other veggies/chicken on it :)

-Trudy
  • bbbec45
    bbbec45 Posts: 9
    Options
    i buy pizza dough (pilsbury) which is relatively okay for you....then i add lots of peppers, onions, and mushrooms and buy pasta sauce.....you barely need any cheese (lowfat)! Delicious
  • jlefton1212
    jlefton1212 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I like to make pizza at home...with the Boboli whole grain crust, and top it with onions, peppers, mushrooms, and low-fat pepperoni. This way I can control the amount of cheese on it, and can load up on veggies.
  • tracylux
    tracylux Posts: 9
    Options
    Are you near a Papa Murphy's? The Take-and-Bake philosophy? They make a deLite crust that is very thin and therefore less calories. Here is the link to their nutritional information:
    http://papamurphys.com/public/PDFs/Nutrition_Info.pdf
    They have many options with lots of veggies and full flavor, even in the regular crust it isn't too bad.
  • kblu0816
    kblu0816 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    If you've ever been to Trader Joe's then you know that they offer cheap and healthy food. They have a great whole wheat pizza crust with recipes and directions on the side. It's tastes great. If you're not in the mood for the cooking it, I'd go with any sort of thin crispy crust (like Donatos) and get the vegy with light cheese, it's delicious.
  • faithjobes
    faithjobes Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I make pizza at home with lowfat cheese, loaded with veggies and I use Fit & Active multi grain wrap as crust. The cheese and veggies are my fav part anyway...and sometimes I use chicken, bacon bits, garlic-parmesan sauce, red onions and tomatos! Mmmmm
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I make English Muffin pizzas with whole wheat english muffins, pizza sauce, and Cabot 75% reduced fat cheese... SO good :love:
  • worlass
    worlass Posts: 21
    Options
    thanks guys, think I am going to make it at home, that way I can control whats on it and be able to break it down when I add it to my diary. Now I just have to control myself to one or 2 slices and no beer lol:wink:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    You can be silly like me.....I take all the cheese off my pizza. I HATE melted cheese. I'm sure that cuts out a TON of the calories/Fat. :bigsmile:
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I make pizzas on whole wheat pitas
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Make your own crust is easy :
    1 envelope yeast
    1/4 tsp sugar
    3/4 cup warm water
    1 3/4 cup unbleached flour (whatever kind you want to use really)
    1/2 tsp salt

Just combine ingredients. Knead 2-3 minutes, roll out to a slight tip. Add toppings and cook for 8-12 minutes in a 500 degree oven. Very easy, and you control the crust and the toppings. :wink:
  • jmdolan
    jmdolan Posts: 128
    Options
    just saving the crust recipe :-)
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I got the pizza hut multigrain pizza with all the veggies and lite on the cheese. just eat one or two slices and you'll be fine.
    That's what we get at home! It rocks!
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    You can be silly like me.....I take all the cheese off my pizza. I HATE melted cheese. I'm sure that cuts out a TON of the calories/Fat. :bigsmile:

Lmao! You sound like my son, he's like ewwwwwwwwwwww grilled cheese! MOM THAT'S GROSS!
  • Mlbnyy2
    Mlbnyy2 Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks, we have Trader Joes in Charlotte, so I will check it out!!Thanks for all the tips, pizza is my favorite!!
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    yummy, i love pizza. I had the Kashi vegetarian pizza last night, it is so good!!
    It had something like 300 calories, 9 grams of fat and lots of fiber. it was delicious made a big salad to go along with it, since the serving size is kind of small. (1/3 of the pizza= 2 smallish slices) but the salad helps fill you up!