New in town

Options
Hey everyone,

So, I feel as though I have gotten in a slump this past yr. with not exercising and eating poorly. I am doing this to get remotivated! Yesturday someone asked me if I had put on some weight. It was completely insenstive. But, it did make me stop and think...

Anyway, I feel like I will be able to reach my goals and be in the best shape of my life and be healthy. I am getting married in June so that will also keep me motivated.

Any words of encouragment to me would be so very much appreciated!!!

Good job everyone. I am glad we are in this together !

Replies

• neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    My BF's obese aunt did the same thing to me to get me motivated....now that im doing so well and staying on track, his whole family has started walking and eating slighlty healthier....Whatever it takes! Im in this for me!

Good luck, soon enough it will start falling off!
  • dbg1
    dbg1 Posts: 208
    Options
    The wedding pictures are FOREVER. That's a big motivation to me right there.:flowerforyou:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place to get help, information, and motivation!
  • tracylux
    tracylux Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm new to this, too. I joined in April and then stopped coming on here. This week I am finally motivated. I am 25 years old and just this week hit my highest weight of 171. I'm 5'10" and would like to be 155, maybe even 150 (altho I'm not sure that's realistic). My calorie counter is set up to lose 1.6 pounds a week.

I am doing great exercising everyday, although only cardio. Strength training bores me. A goal for me is to add the strength training.

Anyway, I love logging my food because it keeps me real and on track. No sneaking a snack unless I want to type it in here!

By the way, I got married last summer and looked great in my wedding pictures but put the weight back on (and more) after teaching started again. I'm trying to lose 10 before school starts (3rd week of August) and then keep losing so I can feel good about myself and get back into clothes!

This place is great for motivation! Good luck getting started!

Tracy :)
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is awesome. You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: