BAD MORNING VENT

Options
I just need to blow off some steam here...my day is not starting off right!

Making my lunch this morning, discover that my low cal pita pockets have become moldy. I can't eat turkey breast and lite swiss on nothing, so check the crisper for lettuce. Nada. Ok, plan B, grab the emergency healthy choice meal in the back of the freezer. More cals than I like at lunch (260!!) but stuff happens. I remember that I have an appointment at 7, so my gym visit is going to be much shorter than normal...ok, omit the peanut butter from my afternoon snack. I am saddened, but if I'm gonna slack off at the gym, it has to be paid for somehow.

All of this calorie pondering is causing me to run late, so I pack up my blueberries, kashi, and oikos yogurt to go, I'll eat it at my desk. Get to work, pull the foil thing off the yogurt and it EXPLODES all over me. Huh. Apparently that's how you know that yogurt has gone bad. Discover that despite the label clearly identifying it as mine, someone in the office has helped themselves to an unopened container of yogurt I left yesterday. Damn. Eat kashi and berries by themselves. They are not as good.

And here's where I finally get really annoyed. Without my extra special high protein yogurt, I am now starving, just a touch under 90 minutes since I ate. It's gonna be a long, hungry two hours til lunch.
:grumble:

Replies

• tracylux
    tracylux Posts: 9
    Options
    What suprises me the most about your post is how well you made adjustments based on the difficulties you faced! You made some great adjustments, and although the day is not going the way you would like and you are obviously hungry, you did the right thing and you'll get through it!
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Oh I hate those days! Focus on what you DIDN'T do. At no point did you consider going to get fast food, hitting up a vending machine or grabbing something just for the sake of having food. THAT is a huge accomplishment.

You could put the bad yogurt in the fridge with a little note addressed to 'the person that loves my yogurt so much.' :devil:

I hope the rest of your day is better!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Yes! You done Good Girl ....
    :flowerforyou: :love: :flowerforyou:

Awesome job on not losing it altogether!
    Good idea to leave a note in the fridge for the thief! :laugh:
    Not cool to snitch other people's chow! :grumble:

I was running super late today.........
    my Hormonal ***** Fest started last night :laugh:

Feeling better after a boiled egg & an apple, woo! what a feast :laugh:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Pay attention everyone !! This is the FACE of determination and flexibility.... I like your style, and yea, you'll get through this! Congratulations, you made my day....
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Oh I hate those days! Focus on what you DIDN'T do. At no point did you consider going to get fast food, hitting up a vending machine or grabbing something just for the sake of having food. THAT is a huge accomplishment.

Oh, let's not nominate me for sainthood just yet! :laugh:

I DID consider hitting Starbucks for a feta and spinach wrap, but I knew I wouldn't be able to resist a mocha to go with. In all honesty, had it been a normal gym day, I would have done it, knowing that I would have the exercise cals to balance it out, but with today's reduced calorie workout, I would have had to cancel eating dinner...and I really really like dinner.

I love these responses by the way...I sure wasn't trying to impress or inspire, but if my crappy morning made someone else's day brighter, I'm all for that! :happy:
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    A- I just love squirrels. It's a weakness of mine.

B- You really did a great job being flexible with your food. I'm going to remember this post next time I have a morning like that. Which will probably be soon, knowing my luck. ha.

You took what could have been a huge 'bad' day and made it all work. Kudos to you!:drinker:
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Well, I was running late again today, but when I got to the office and opened the yogurt, no explosions, YAY!! So I ate my high protein breakfast and stayed full til about 45 minutes ago, which makes me much less moody today. :happy:

Off topic, but wanted to share this...Has anyone tried the Orowheat sandwich thins? I was getting kind of tired of pita, so I thought I'd give them a try. I think they're great, multigrain, only 100 cals. I was feeling like I needed pizza today, so I layered 10 slices of Hormel Turkey Pepperoni and 1 ounce reduced fat cheese on the sandwich thins and toasted them to melt the cheese. Then I add a couple of tomato slices and sprinkled the whole thing with oregano and black pepper. Pizza Sandwich!!! :love:

I'm having a much better food day today. :happy: