I broke the 17 minute mile!!!!!

Options
jacmiley
jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
Okay I know breaking 17 minutes isn't impressive for most - but I weigh over 280 pounds and I just ran/walked the mile in 16 minutes and 49 seconds. I'm proud - and I thought I did good when I broke the 18 minute mile 2 days ago.

I set a goal for myself. I'm going to run a 5k in 2010. For me .. that takes a lot of training ....
like breaking the 17 minute mile - thank you very much :happy:

Replies

• vstarcher
    vstarcher Posts: 28
    Options
    That's AWESOME! Congrats!

Often times we do not give ourselves enough credit for what we HAVE accomplished. We spend too much time focusing on what we haven't accomplished. Be proud of yourself for not only breaking the 17 minutes but for making a lifestyle change for the better.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Great work! That's one more mile I didn't run this week. So I'm proud of you too! :flowerforyou:
  • coolviolet73
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! That's so awesome. I know how you feel---it took me a while to break a 17 minute mile too. Now (a few months later) I'm down to a 10 minute mile, and if I can do it, you can do it!!! Keep runnin'!!
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Don't ever downplay YOUR accomplishments..just because someone else may do better doesn't mean what YOU did isn't great:flowerforyou:
    Keep at it...it'll get easier with time and as the pounds come off!:bigsmile:
    Casey
  • PinkJewels
    PinkJewels Posts: 26
    Options
    That is awesome...congrats! Keep up the great work and that 5K will be a breeze!!!
  • ianconway
    ianconway Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo!!! very big Congrats for that! Before you know it, it will be a 16 Minute mile, then 15 minute mile and so on!

Keep on track and stay focused!
    -Ian
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Yeah! That rocks! You're out there getting it done! Whoop Whoop!:happy:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • kitn621
    kitn621 Posts: 215
    Options
    congrats.....as another poster put it..dont ever down play or slam your accomplishments. Those milestones is what keeps us going and gives us the energy and motivation to reachour goals. Very happy for you :bigsmile: and wish you the best of luck at meeting your other goals and getting to do your 5K! CONGRATULATIONS!
  • lettuceb
    lettuceb Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Way to Go! Keep up the good work. We should celebrate our accomplishments. :flowerforyou:
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I just started the C25K challenge, you are an inspiration!
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I think that's great!! Yesterday I did a 40 min 2miles, brisk walk--which is a 20min mile. My goal is to get to a 15-min mile. Keep up the hard work :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • jesp1216
    jesp1216 Posts: 100
    Options
    well done!!! :D up untill this past season my mile was about 20 min. untill my coach forced me to get it down to below 12 min (lotsa training) but CONGRATS!!! keep goin :D
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    That's awesome!!! GOOD FOR YOU!! And, thanks for posting .... great motivation and inspiration for the rest of us!! :flowerforyou:
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    You are wonderful and awesome, congratulations!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are well on your way. :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • benw
    benw Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Very good. :-)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Isn't impressive?? It is MIGHTY impressive to me!!

Good for you!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • Luv_2_Run
    Luv_2_Run Posts: 9
    Options
    Way to Go!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!