Any horse lovers out there?

Options
I'm just seriously getting back into riding since a break of about 10 years (I gave up my horse when I went away to uni) and would love to chat to other equestrian people on here!

It's great exercise - and I'm absolutely loving being around horses again. Feel free to request me as a friend!

Replies

• ellycope
    ellycope Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi, I got back into horse riding about a year ago and am loving it. It's pretty much the only sport I was ever any good at! My profile picture is a slight lie - I've only ridden that horse once and my usual mount is a big hairy cob who has an aversion to cantering (but any horse is better than no horse!).

Since I started on MFP (about 6 months ago) my fitness has improved so much (running, cycling and workout DVDs) and I can see and feel a real difference in my riding.

I am in no way a vegan but if that doesn't put you off then feel free to add me as a friend!
  • amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    im a horsey person
  • Marytarian84
    Options
    i've added you Elly - beautiful horse in the pic! - and thanks for the request Amy :)
  • marydb0000
    Options
    I grew up with horses and gave them up when my kids got busy with school activities. 10 years later I recently started riding again, occasionally exercising my friend's arabian. I feel like a kid again when I'm around horses :)
  • _mr_b
    _mr_b Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    We ride every week, it's great fun isn't it!

Hope to have a go at a cross country course this year and am looking forward to some evening rides to the pub in the summer too!
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend has a palomino Welsh Section D who 'officially' I don't like, but secretly I think he's pretty cool
  • amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend has a palomino Welsh Section D who 'officially' I don't like, but secretly I think he's pretty cool

sounds exactly like my boyfriend on my horse!
  • Marytarian84
    Options
    We ride every week, it's great fun isn't it!

Hope to have a go at a cross country course this year and am looking forward to some evening rides to the pub in the summer too!

Pub rides are the best!
  • Marytarian84
    Options

Haha glad you appreciate the coolness of horses! Horse fact = riding is the only sport where men and women compete equally :)
  • Tiff587
    Tiff587 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I have a beautiful 16.2 mare called Lolly!
    I've been riding since I was 6 and couldn't face giving her up when I went to college so I worked around my course and took her with me, I know it sad, but I love her. I used to three day event, but we have been out for few years now, hoping this fitness kick will get us both competing again!
    Feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:

Lolly.jpg
  • ToBeCountry
    ToBeCountry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My "weight ticker" is a photo of my horse Anni.
    17 year old, Paint mare.
    Loosing weight for her too....she should enjoy trail rides more!
  • 05HeatherLouise05
    05HeatherLouise05 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have 2 Horses :)
    My 9yr old 16hh bay Standardbred Gelding Ben (had him since he was 3).
    http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f347/Lyprith/Trail.jpg

And My new little Standardbred Filly Dawn off the track since November, Black 3 yr old 15hh.
    Started breaking her into saddle and going very nicely. Hopefully going to be my main competition horse.
    http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f347/Lyprith/P1260058.jpg
  • skaggstara
    Options
    I have a 7 year old 16.3 OTTB and a 23 year 14.3 Foundation QH. Both Geldings. Just found out this afternoon my Tb has a Suspensorie Injury. (That is him as my profile pic) Saved some calories for a glass of wine after that diagnosis. :(