Tiesto Fans????

Options
First off, if you hate techno or electronica, please don't comment with opinions of how much you dislike the genre. Seriously, why waste your time.

So, I noticed that I'm last minute buying tickets for one of his concerts seeing that the only 2 closest to me are at the end of this month. I have never went to one of his concerts, but have been wanting to go for a long time... come to find out that the tickets range between $200.00-$475.00 depending on where you buy them and the seats you choose. Any Tiesto fans see him live??? Is the experience worth it?

Replies

• Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    WTF I paid like 35 bucks and that's including the molly.
  • TheUniqueSilhouette
    Options
    Jesus, where do you live!? All I'm finding is extremely expensive prices!
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    He was in Baltimore not to long ago. It was stupid ridiculous. That sound system melted my soul.
  • TheUniqueSilhouette
    Options
    Sooo... I'm obviously not good at shopping for bargains. Anyways, $75.00 General Admin. Doable... even if it's an 8.5 hour drive. ;) thanks!
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I like when they bust out the glow sticks.

glowsticks.gif?g2_GALLERYSID=e4922939372c0ecbacac79e86c3540cd

bruce_lee_glowsticks.gif

terry-crews-a.gif
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    He was in a nearby town several months ago, tickets were starting at $40
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I like Tiesto. I've never been to one of his concerts though. My friend who did go to one of his concerts told me that it was okay but he preferred to go see other DJs.
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I love dupstep, etc. but it is AWFUL live (in my opinion)

I felt like i was listening to my iPod through way better speakers when I saw Rusko last month, only this time I was surrounded by a bunch of drunken, flailing idiots.

In my opinion, it's not worth THAT much money, but that's just one opinion

Good luck with your decision!
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I listen.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    were u a raver back in the day? if so its almost the same, you go with a group, dance to your favorite songs but you never really pay attention to what tiesto is doing...
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    FYI - The $200-$475 tickets you mentioned are probably through brokers. Got directly to the venue's site and link through their site to the proper ticket outlet. Brokers snap up prime tickets and try to re-sale them for way more.

JM
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    I like when they bust out the glow sticks.

bruce_lee_glowsticks.gif

lol glow sticks are fun even more when you can swing nunchakus