Brand New and looking to make new Friends

Options
I am new to myfitnesspal and wanting to make a change for real this time. I have struggled with weight since I was a young girl and want to accomplish this goal of loosing weight more than anything. This past summer I got married and worked really hard to loose the weight before the wedding. I did, but then got the mentality of "I married the love of my life so why does it matter?!?! He loves me for me right?!" Well that mentality hurt me greatly and I gained a lot of weight. Now I'm in motivation mode to loose the weight for good and start a new healthy life. I can say I've read other posts and am comforted to know "I'm not the only one". Deep down I know I'm not the only one who struggles with weight, but having friends who are super skinny has made me feel like the huge one. I'm looking forward to meeting new people and starting this great new adventure :)

Replies

• DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    I try to keep ppl motivated and get it back in return, it seems to be working so far
  • sguthrie84
    sguthrie84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new too! I always loathed being the "new girl". But, one of my coworkers introduced me to this site, and i fell in love with it. So, welcome aboard :) and if you need anything, my name is Stef and would be glad to be of service!
  • laci_xo
    laci_xo Posts: 2
    Options
    I am also new to this! :) I have two children and I want to be healthy for them! Any help/motivation would be greatly appreciated!!
  • returntorural
    returntorural Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'll do my best to support and encourage. : )
  • brandonvb
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I do fitness coaching for free, brandonbfitness.com. I'll help you along the way. I'm new here too and looking for friends as well. I really enjoy talking fitness and healthy eating with others.
  • Hjbaker
    Hjbaker Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Firstly, congrats on getting married, it is awesome. I can totally understand the 'he loves me for me' mentality, because he does! the problem is that we are not in love with our own body... so good on you for taking the first step. I have only been on here a few weeks and I love it.

Hope to hear more about your journey as time goes on :happy: HJ
  • KayM1508
    KayM1508 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm new also and would love to have some more people to look to for support! Feel free to add me :)
  • Gingersnaps39
    Options
    Hi , new here too . Would love to make some friends and give and get support. Ginger
  • purplevik
    purplevik Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about my friends they might have one problem area that they can usually hide pretty well, to where I am huge everywher, but with determination and the support from everyone on top of the way you keep track of your intake. Seems to be working good in many different areas. At first I wasn't loosing any weight, but with the encouragement here, I pulled through and so far I have lost 11 pounds so far. Welcome to this wonderful site. It has helped many and continues to do so. Wishing you much success in your journey ;-)
  • sagsign86
    Options
    I'm new too, and I haven't got any friends yet. Looking for support and willing to give support to others.
  • SLopez227
    Options
    Hi guys! I've been on this site for a little while, but have finally buckled down and am getting serious. I'm ready to do this, and would like to find fellow friends looking for mutual support. Taking it one day at a time
  • Jeaninedj
    Jeaninedj Posts: 43
    Options
    Hey, I'm new here too! My ultimate goal, in the foreseeable future, is to get below 200 pounds before summer/in summer to be realistic.

Anyone and everyone, feel free to add me!
  • madlovewar
    Options
    hey! new too! kind of.. tried the site without friends.. and failed a little.. so let's all support each other! haha i'll add you guys if you add me too :)
  • MAZMcCormick
    MAZMcCormick Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm also new and it is a great feeling to know that none of us are alone in this journey until this website I really thought I was.
  • savannahdmayer
    Options
    Hi :) I'm new too... i've been using it for about two weeks consistantly now. Icould use more support, add me!