Vegetable/Fruit smoothie ideas?....

Options
i recently tried a strawberry spinach smoothie and it was awesome....could not taste the spinach at all. So i was wondering if anyone has any more smoothie recipes for someone who hates the taste of vegetables...plus i also find it hard to get in extra calories after all my workouts....i going out to buy a nice blender and wanting to put it to good use!

Replies

• 2getgeorge
    2getgeorge Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    bananas and vanilla extract mask anything
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Frozen kale and frozen peas go well in smoothies too.
  • abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    apple cucumber spinach lemon juice celery and ginger if you like a tartness to it. yumm
  • laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    cucumber is easy and refreshing - esp with lime or lemon. Spinach is one of the easiest to disguise, it's quite mild. Sometimes the colors can be - alarming - but once you get past that.
  • s0ready
    s0ready Posts: 99
    Options
    any carrot ideas?
  • kshane3355
    Options
    Zucchini and squash are other vegetables that have no taste, like Spinach. Mix with any fruit (banana are best to a dominating flavor).
  • maethoriel
    Options
    bump
  • EmmyLou1253
    EmmyLou1253 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just started using kale. First experiences good. Last not so. I think I will try freezing it. I need it to break down more. Here is a recipe my sis sent me:
    • 1 med-large Banana
    • 1/2 cup Kale
    • 3/4 cup Mango
    • 1 cup Spinach
    • 1/2 cup Pineapple
    • 1/2 cup or one large leaf Collard Greens
    • 1 cup Almond or Coconut Milk
    • 1.25 cup Water
    • 1.25 serving Chocolate (or vanilla) Protein- (1 scoop and a quarter)
    • 5-10 cubes Ice
    • 2 dashes Stevia
  • s0ready
    Options
    woohoo loving that! gonna try it :)
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Carrot and Granny Smith Apple combination is yummy.
  • Barb_0457
    Barb_0457 Posts: 14
    Options
    I use my juicer and put apples and carrots in it.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I'm currently enjoying a strawberry, beets, white grape juice and vanilla protein powder smoothie
  • s0ready
    Options
    well i got an orange, a banana, and some spinach/or carrots....i think imma experiment with the carrots...we will see:drinker:
  • s0ready
    Options
    well i got an orange, a banana, and some spinach/or carrots....i think imma experiment with the carrots...we will see:drinker:

wasn't bad....tastes like an orange juluis, but the carrots made it have a grainy texture...but i can live with that!!! i'm loving this drink your veggies thing :)