need friends and help with my abs!

Options
Hello everyone I'm in need of help and support with gaining abs and losing the rest of my stomach fat, any advice or tips would help

Replies

• DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    While situps and core exercises are great for toning and strength, the only way to see all that hard work is watching the diet and keeping your cardio up to burn off the fat. Try to keep your target heart rate between 60-70% which is the optimal fat burning zone and burns around 85% fat calories. Anything higher than that, does burn calories, but the percentage of fat calories goes down. When you reach your goal weight, that is when you can focus more on the endurance training.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/target_heart_rate.htm
  • samluegger
    Options
    what if you are at your goal weight, still have flab, do not want to loose more lbs, but want to firm it up? :o)
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    In that case, you need to lose fat and build lean muscle. So you need to add some strength training.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    You cannot firm up without losing fat. You can maintain your weight by adding muscles... but to lose "FLAB" you need to lose the fat....
  • ejanderson
    Options
    This is one my faves. http://www.twohundredsitups.com/
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I suggest weight training that incorporates dual exercises and is in a circuit training format with cardio bursts.

The fact of the matter is you will never see your abs if a layer of fat covers them (this is my problem).

I've heard that abs are created in the kitchen, not the gym. 80% is food intake and 20% is exercise.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    what if you are at your goal weight, still have flab, do not want to loose more lbs, but want to firm it up? :o)

Goal weight shouldn't be your "goal" then. I would suggest checking measurements over scale and do weight lifting with cardio.
  • Jennical
    Jennical Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Bump....
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    While situps and core exercises are great for toning and strength, the only way to see all that hard work is watching the diet and keeping your cardio up to burn off the fat. Try to keep your target heart rate between 60-70% which is the optimal fat burning zone and burns around 85% fat calories. Anything higher than that, does burn calories, but the percentage of fat calories goes down. When you reach your goal weight, that is when you can focus more on the endurance training.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/target_heart_rate.htm

Yes, you burn more percentage of calories from fat at the fat burning zone, but you burn less fat calories overall.

This article explains it: http://health.usnews.com/health-news/blogs/on-fitness/2009/03/03/the-fat-burning-zone-a-fitness-myth-debunked
  • samluegger
    Options
    i am 5' 5" and 125 lbs... i mean i could loose more weight, but i think ill be too boney - i will try more cardio, problem for me is i have issues with muscle fatigue and can only do like 10-15 mins of cardio at a time... then my body needs rest and hydration, and then i can sometimes do some more, but some days have to wait til later in the day - docs think i have fibro/cfs
    i do yoga, pilates, and a '10 minute solution video for trouble zones/total body toning'... i also walk whenever it is nice outside :o)
    i try for 30-60 minutes a day...
  • samluegger
    Options
    oh i also eat really healthy - generally only around 1200 cals a day, am gluten and dairy free (for health reasons), and eat an all nautral/organic diet... as many fruits and veggies as i can... take vites and supplements...
  • mwyatt005
    mwyatt005 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    samluegger:
    have you ever thought of taking BCAA's during your workouts, it replaces the amino acids your body uses under high stress periods i personally finds it helps on days where i do circuit training. I'm not an expert and someone may disagree with me here but I find it helps so what it is worth maybe do your own research into BCAA's.
  • samluegger
    Options
    i will look into - thank you!