I need to lose 100 pounds!

My name is Micah and I need to lose 100 pounds. I gained over 60 pounds on a medication that the doctor said gave me metabolic syndrome. After switching the medicine to something weight-neutral, I lost 20 pounds in the first 2 weeks (from 247 to 227) without changing anything. That inspired me to dedicate myself to getting down to a healthy weight, which I have not seen since high school. I'm dieting, planning on starting to walk outside (I have a chronic disease that prevents much movement or exertion), and tracking my foods on the app. I've been doing a 1200 calorie diet for the past 4 days, and I never realized how hungry my old medicine made me! I'm eating less than half the food, but I'm more satisfied than I ever was.

Does anyone else have experience dieting and losing weight after switching to a weight-neutral medication?

I've set my goal weight at 180 to start, but once I reach that, I will aim higher. I just want to have little rewards along the way, because 100 pounds is a lot to lose and can seem so daunting.

I will take photos for comparison if I can reach goal weights.

Thanks for listening!

Replies

• Jenm126
    Jenm126 Posts: 3
    Good Luck to you! You can totally do it. I also have the goal of losing 100 pounds. I have set my short term goal at 30 pounds by June 1st.
  • lizc_87
    lizc_87 Posts: 45
    I need to lose 125lbs all support welcomed!
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Feel free to add me too ! I have lost 50 pounds and have another 61 to go .
  • darkmouzy
    darkmouzy Posts: 227 Member
    Feel free to add me :)
    I have about...55 pounds to lose and honestly little goals are the best! because they will add up to the big number!
    I have experiance with weigtloss and such so feel free to add and ask me anything you like :)
  • Jeaninedj
    Jeaninedj Posts: 43
    Say WHEN you reach your goal weight! :) 100 lbs is daunting and i'm doing the same...setting little goals along the way to see me through to the end.

Feel free to add me!
  • kayg07
    kayg07 Posts: 1
    I have 70lbs to lose so I'm right there with you sister!!!
  • kai0206
    kai0206 Posts: 14
    I also have to lose 100 pounds. We can do it!! :)