30 day shred- What's next?

Options
Hi everyone. I have finished day 14 of the 30 day shred today, and i plan to finish the program on the 29th (if i counted that right). i plan on taking a week-ish break, but I would like to start another one of jillian michaels' dvd's after that. My goal right now is looking good for graduation. I have about 41 pounds to lose (hopefully less- haven't weighed myself since before i started the shred). I was considering doing ripped in 30, but i'm wondering how much weight people have lost on it. toning would be great, but only have 2.5 months before graduation and i would like to lose at least a little more weight before then. what do you guys think? btw my goal is to eventually start running, but right now, i think it would hurt my knees, so i am going to wait until i have lost some weight.

Replies

• SMK715
    SMK715 Posts: 108
    Options
    I was having the same problem - deciding which DVD I was going to do after 30DS. However, I have been reading alot recently, and I have decided to transition into weight training several days a week instead. Lifting weights is a very efficient way of transforming your body. It burns fat and builds muscle at the same time. More muscle also means more calories burned.
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 of the second round of the 30 day shred..after i'm done i think i will be moving onto Ripped in 30. I REALLY want body revolution!!
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I adore Ripped in 30. I've only just begun and barely started week 2 recently, but I like it a lot better than 30 Day Shred. It's about 5 minutes longer, but the same exact style. If you're losing in 30DS you should see similar results in RI30, and maybe even a little toning if your muscles are starting to show more prominently. RI30 is a little more intense, and it really is great to follow up 30DS because you know what to expect and the shred gets you prepared. I really reccommend it :)
  • serenetranquility
    serenetranquility Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I was having the same problem - deciding which DVD I was going to do after 30DS. However, I have been reading alot recently, and I have decided to transition into weight training several days a week instead. Lifting weights is a very efficient way of transforming your body. It burns fat and builds muscle at the same time. More muscle also means more calories burned.
    [/quote

This is what i plan on doing too...now i just need to figure out where to start :)
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I recently got Jillian Michaels Kickbox Fastfix. It is AWESOME.
  • mustangmama3
    mustangmama3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Im alternating between Ripped in 30 and her new DVD Extreme Shed&Shred! Im on Level 3 of Ripped in 30 and I have combined Level 1and2 of Extreme Shed and Shred!! Great Workouts!!!
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    After completing 30 Day Shred, I moved on to Ripped in 30. I'm on Week 2, Day 5 of Ripped in 30, and I LOVE it! I can't comment on the weight-loss or toning at this point.
  • irishdancer23
    irishdancer23 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! i think ripped in 30 sounds like a good option for now. i'm also thinking of trying one of jillian's yoga dvds.