does anyone else have this problem???

Options
I didnt lose weight for two or three weeks in december, then all of a sudden, four pounds gone! then i didnt lose weight since the end of january, until now, all of a sudden two pounds gone! i mean wtf is going on?? is this normal?? or should i chalk this up to the equipment I was weighed on?

Replies

• ebonie101
    ebonie101 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    depends what type of scale you used maybe. mine is faulty and often ups my weight then drops it then drops again then back to where it was lol. try using a friends scale maybe? if you think your scale is broke you can purchase another if you get the chance or money and see what happens. they have scales at gyms, i use that one.
  • Mission2Me
    Mission2Me Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    i do my weigh ins at the doctors. this was just a new doctor. but the last time i lost weight like that I had lost it all right after I had been weighing myself tike crazy with no success then one day 4 pounds was gone and all the scales agree. believe me i had to try more than one. but i will start weighing myself at the local y, i think i may start keeping a weight diary, because how womens hormones can fluctuate, if this pattern continues.
  • starblazing
    starblazing Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i've noticed that my body will drop 2-4 pounds one week and nothing for another week or two and then another 2-4 pounds. eventually it equates to 2 pounds a week for me.
  • Mission2Me
    Options
    see mine doesnt even equal out to the right amount. since january I should have at least lost a pound a week, and I have only lost two pounds. smh.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I notice peaks and valleys as well. Try to use the same scale for weigh-ins if you can. :D
  • vanishingirl77
    Options
    About 6 years ago I lost about 45 pounds (have gained it all back and more.) When I did, I would generally lose 2, gain them back, and then lose five each month. It was related to water retention during my period.
  • Mission2Me
    Options
    i was wondering if that had anything to do with it. I also have been sick and taking a lot of medicine. Had really really low iron, as a few other things so i wonder if that could have played a part. i am going to look at the other posts and see if I can find anything on low iron.
  • 0EmmeNicole0
    0EmmeNicole0 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Yes, my body is the same way. I'll have a stall, then all of a sudden have a loss. One time I had a stall for 3 weeks with a slight gain, then all of a sudden an 8lb drop. It was quite crazy. I never gained those lbs back either so it was a real loss. It seems as though i don't often have losses, but when i do have a loss it is at least 3lbs or so.
  • Mission2Me
    Options
    btw andella Welcome back. I did the same thing. let us both let this be our last time having to lose the same weight again!!
  • Mission2Me
    Options
    I always go look in the mirror and think where did it go??? i dont see it, when that happens...and run to the next nearest scales to check again. and actually i counted wrong i had gone up a pound so this last loss was three instead of two.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I have exactly the same thing. I weigh myself every day without fail, and at the same time (+/- an hour or two). In the 6 months I have been doing this I have noticed a distinct pattern. I go two to three weeks with no losses, generally daily fluctuations of 1lb either way (except for after spike or high sodium days). After the 2-3 weeks of no loss, I will often lose 2-3 lbs in the space of a few days. Then the cycle starts again...

It seemed strange (and disheartening) at first, to see such long periods of no movement on the scale, but I have come to realise that my body is just a little bit strange :wink: and that it loses the fat in its own unique way.

As difficult as it can be at times, I always encoourage people to look at the PROCESS, not at the result. Have faith that you are doing the right things (assuming you have done some decent research of course) and the results will come in time. If nothing happens for a substantial amount of time (1 month +) then retweak your habits and try again.
  • Mission2Me
    Options
    that is good. thank you for that advice! I just hope it at least continues to go down. and not up. thats my main fear. I should start measuring my body as well to see the difference in where I am losing these phantom pounds of mine lol.
  • ebonie101
    ebonie101 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    seems this problem is quite common. gives me hope that my scale might not be broke and i dont have to buy a new one lol
  • vanishingirl77
    Options
    thanks for the welcome back!

:-)
  • Mission2Me
    Options
    lol maybe yu dont need to spend that extra money after all lol.
  • Mission2Me
    Options
    you are very welcome!!