Water, water, everywhere!

Options
Ever had those days when you just can't drink anymore water? I've drank 7 liter bottles. I always drink 10 a day but today BLAH! Think I'll do about 8.

Replies

• sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Btw it's like the bottle and I are having a stare down :laugh:
  • jjohnson0882
    Options
    Well, I've only gotten down 40oz so far. Guess it's time to go refill. :smile:
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Ever had those days when you just can't drink anymore water? I've drank 7 liter bottles. I always drink 10 a day but today BLAH! Think I'll do about 8.

You drink 10 liters of water a day?!?!? I drink 2.5 - 3 and spend half my day in the washroom, how do you get anything done?
  • jess412
    jess412 Posts: 29
    Options
    oh gosh, i know how you feel! I'm lucky to get in 5-6 glasses a day....and i usually drink a liter or so when i go to the gym. However, i didn't go to the gym today, so i've only downed about 3 glasses, and one glass of unsweetened green tea (so good!) And two of those glasses of water I've put in half a pack of crystal light (yumm...even better!)

But 10 liters of water a day? No way could i do that! i down about 6 glasses and feel water logged lol
  • Daisy_May
    Options
    I truly thought I was doing well with 3 liters, it's over the recommended 2 liters. Well good on you because I don't know how you do it!!
  • OhLaceyOh
    OhLaceyOh Posts: 30
    Options
    ive drunk 60 oz today so far...
    i dont really get tired of it
    especially when uri n the heat all day XD
  • pinksultana
    pinksultana Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Im no expert - but ive hear if you drink more than 4 litres a day you should add salt to the water as otherwise your body gets depleted of its own electrolytes and salt supplies....im assuming its like not normal table salt that you put in though hah, that would taste ick!!
  • Daisy_May
    Options
    ive drunk 60 oz today so far...
    i dont really get tired of it
    especially when uri n the heat all day XD
    but 60 oz isn't even 2 liters so she's drinking 5 times that!
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Btw it's like the bottle and I are having a stare down :laugh:

:laugh: I feel your pain, sometimes it just tastes blah, lol. Try adding a squeeze of lemon or a tablespoon of sugar free cranberry juice to make it a bit more appealing.
    Good luck :flowerforyou:

Oh and I just realized you'd said 10 litres, lol, wow, lots of water. Be careful you don't get water intoxication, try to stick to under a litre an hour (that is how much healthy kidneys can excrete).
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    that's probably a lot more than you need. i'm 7' and try to drink 2 gallons and that is plenty.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    10 liters:noway:
    i drink about 60 oz a day. anymore than that and i feel like i could float away. how do you get anything done? i feel like i'm spending most of my life in the bathroom as it is...
  • sarabear
    Options
    I drink Fiji water so it has stuff in it, I just LOVE IT! I drink 10 of their liter bottles a day, it's easy to down one right after opening it especially when it's ice cold! A liter doesn't seem much also, it says 1.05 quarts
  • sarabear
    Options

You drink 10 liters of water a day?!?!? I drink 2.5 - 3 and spend half my day in the washroom, how do you get anything done?
    I did too until I was used to it, and my days are long, I get up around 5 and we don't go to bed until about 12 midnight
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I drink 3-4 liters while I'm at work - that's from 8-5. I usually stop while before I leave so I don't pee every two seconds once I get home cause I got the little ones there, but every once in a while I'll have another liter or so at home. 10 liters seems like a bit much -JMO :drinker: I think you'll be okay with 8 today! :tongue:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I agree with downing a bottle right after opening it - that's how I get mine down. I drink the whole thing in one shot. :embarassed: have always done that with drinks, I can't just "sip" on something. I gotta gulp it. :noway:
  • sarabear
    Options
    I drink 3-4 liters while I'm at work - that's from 8-5. I usually stop while before I leave so I don't pee every two seconds once I get home cause I got the little ones there, but every once in a while I'll have another liter or so at home. 10 liters seems like a bit much -JMO :drinker: I think you'll be okay with 8 today! :tongue:
    I should clear something up, it's only during the summer months, it's humid here like instant sweat when you walk outside. I'm sure 8'll be fine, just hope I don't miss the two.:wink:I workout outside too.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I haven't hit my water at all today. I hit the coconut water, I suppose after the kids go to sleep and I get a workout in I'll down my 8 glasses.
    Oh, it should also be noted that I got a lot of water from my cantaloupe and grapes today...
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options

yes but too much of anything is bad for you. the people in the article are drinking way more water than 10 liters a day. and even then, you'll pee it out as fast as it comes in if its getting to be too much.

the body is fantastic at maintaing itself so you really have to push with things like "water poisoning"
  • mouser79
    mouser79 Posts: 68
    Options
    Just made me realize I have not drank any today!