Stunned expressions regarding my weight loss...

Options
2»

Replies

• Dixietrink82
    Dixietrink82 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You are an inspiration.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    FYI, I should also mention that I have been at a plateau since mid-November due to slow thyroid and insulin resistance. I haven't lost an inch or an ounce since before Thanksgiving.:grumble: Last Wednesday, my PA put me on meds (Synthroid and Metformin) for both conditions. Hopefully, I'll start seeing some results in the next few weeks. I'm really excited. :happy:
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    YOUR STORY MAKES ME HAPPY! XOXO NOW GO GET THAT FIRE DOG!
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I am sure that made you feel so amazing :) Thanks so much for sharing and way to go on your awesome loss!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I have always loved the jaw drop reaction! Way to have an awesome warm-fuzzy that will last for DAYS!
  • ResetJen
    ResetJen Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful affirmation of all your hard work...and congrats in advance for what is still to come!
  • bethhyg
    bethhyg Posts: 209
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. I am looking to drop a few jaws myself. I only see my Mom about once a year. So this year, I am wanting that kind of reaction from her as well as some others.
  • Debsredsox
    Debsredsox Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had a Dr appt today and we were just talking following me weighing in and then it hit her... "wait a minute.. you have lost.... 14 lbs since 6 weeks ago!" Yay... I will be happy when I notice... then again I hear of people who always see themselves bigger... hoping that is not the case. I must say I am thrilled my arms no longer can be confused for thighs... baby steps! Way to go and congrats! Thanks for sharing. Love that about this site... so much inspiration when you need it. :)
  • Gottastop
    Gottastop Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    If you have a low thyroid it will take a while for the medicine to kick in (think 4+ weeks) & it might need to be adjusted until your tests are in the 'normal' range. Also if you don't feel right you need to tell your doctor your symptoms so s/he can treat those. I had to find another doctor because I wasn't myself on synthroid but my doctor only wanted to prescribe it. Also there might be a difference for you between synthroid & generic so that is something else to watch for.

& I Love your dedication!
    FYI, I should also mention that I have been at a plateau since mid-November due to slow thyroid and insulin resistance. I haven't lost an inch or an ounce since before Thanksgiving.:grumble: Last Wednesday, my PA put me on meds (Synthroid and Metformin) for both conditions. Hopefully, I'll start seeing some results in the next few weeks. I'm really excited. :happy:
  • thelassiemickyjames
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    That's a fantastic NSV.

Well done and keep up the great work. Hopefully your plateau is over.
  • jcstanton
    Options
    YOUR STORY MAKES ME HAPPY! XOXO NOW GO GET THAT FIRE DOG!

LOL I was beginning to think you had forgotten about that. :wink: I should have known better.
  • jcstanton
    Options
    If you have a low thyroid it will take a while for the medicine to kick in (think 4+ weeks) & it might need to be adjusted until your tests are in the 'normal' range. Also if you don't feel right you need to tell your doctor your symptoms so s/he can treat those. I had to find another doctor because I wasn't myself on synthroid but my doctor only wanted to prescribe it. Also there might be a difference for you between synthroid & generic so that is something else to watch for.

& I Love your dedication!

It's been a full week and so far, so good, as far as negative side effects. I've taken Sythroid and the generic both at different times in the past and had good results with both, so hopefully that is still the case. She put me on 125mcg instead of the usual starting dose of 115mcg, and I am hoping that will do the trick since my TSH levels weren't terribly off to begin with. I know I'm already starting to feel better as far as my energy levels go, so hopefully that's a sign of things to come. :happy:
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I feel the same way regarding my family/friends. While I love hearing what they have to say, it's nice to get an unbiased compliment :)

Great job!
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    Well done! Like you, I love the support of my friends and family, but getting a little validation from strangers, acquaintances, and those who had no idea you were trying to get healthy is in a special category of morale-boosting.

Best of luck with the new medication and getting off the dreaded plateau! ^_^
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    love this feeling! go you :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!