Girls 40 to 45 and 50+ pounds to lose

Options
AMike98
AMike98 Posts: 65 Member
Hi,

I'm just starting back on this lifestyle change and I'm looking for inspiration for gals around my age and weight loss goals. I currently want to lose around 70 pounds.

I'm finding with age, the weight is just not as easy to come off as it had in the past. With "life" happening around us, kids to attend to, work to be done, etc..it is just plain 'harder'.

Is there a group already out there for us or would anyone like to get a group together for moral support, that would be great!

Angie

Replies

• Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fitness4janet
    Options
    Angie.
    I am real close to your age :) I will be 37 in May... I also have to lose at least 45lbs that is my goal right now! I would love to be fitness pals to encourage each other on our path to our new life style..
  • lindyc11
    lindyc11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am a tad bit older than you, but would love to be part of your support group on here! Add me if you like.....good luck with your journey :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    39 here w/over 50 to lose - feel free to add me!
  • tyabd
    tyabd Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    hi I am 34 need to lose around 30 pounds. am there with all my support. GALS we can do it..... :)
  • jsugihara86
    jsugihara86 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 25 and have about 60 to lose to get to my 1st goal of 160. I started out at 221 and I am currently 215 or so. I lost all that in 10 days! I am excited to start this new way of life and finally lose the weight after 8 years!
  • Coco_puff901
    Coco_puff901 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi there... I'm going to be 42 next month.... I'm almost ...getting close to my mid-way goal.... I've lost about 15 pounds over the last few months, but I still have 25 to go .... I'm on MFP every day, and I know this journey is not easy, I exercise 6 days a week, and log everything I eat/drink. I am very dedicated to loosing weight and most of all ~ being Healthy !
    Good for you for taking the first step, it is a LOT harder as we get older, So true !!! I'd love to connect if anyone wants some support !
    Good luck to you all !
  • margegomez
    margegomez Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    44 here and working to loose 66 or more if im lucky! feel free to add:)
  • calijen123
    Options
    hi there i am Jen i live in california and i would love to be part of your weight loss support i have lost about 40 pounds i am 36 yrs young lol i walk and i do weight watchers and i dance as well with the wii system so much bettter then the gym and much more fun too we can do this together!
  • stormy44wi
    Options
    I am 44 and have 100-120 to lose. I agree it is harder in our 40s ... but not impossible. My sister is 50 and lost 50 lbs in a year so I know it can be done.
  • HealthyAim
    HealthyAim Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi AMike I'm 44 with 50+ to loose. I'm new to MFP and we could support each other :). Feel free to friend me if you like.
  • journeybegins
    journeybegins Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Amike, yes I remember the days when weight was just no big deal. Now I feel like quilty when I eat not great for me foods. Us forty+ have to pull together.
  • tyabd
    tyabd Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    hi me lost 4 pounds following jillain micheals 30 day shred on u tube. good to try
  • Kerchinga
    Kerchinga Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im 40, lost 23lb since jan but aiming for another 75 at least, feel free to add me :D
  • traceyjolli
    Options
    Hi I am 44, working full time and mother of two.

overall goal to lose 56lbs. Have lost 23 since January, so still a way to go. Currently exercising doing 30DS, swimming, running and weights... (not altogether of course!)
  • sylviacarney
    Options
    Hi Angie, I'm 48 and I have lost 20lbs so far, I still need to lose another 50. Hang in there you can do it.:happy:
  • brighty2
    brighty2 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi there,

What dance games do you play or is it a fitness DVD? Do tell! I love the Wii. Also, would love to hear how you lost 40 - I'm struggling. Thank you!
  • brighty2
    brighty2 Posts: 4
    Options
    hi there i am Jen i live in california and i would love to be part of your weight loss support i have lost about 40 pounds i am 36 yrs young lol i walk and i do weight watchers and i dance as well with the wii system so much bettter then the gym and much more fun too we can do this together!

Hi there, what Wii games were they? I love the Wii.

How did you lose 40? Congratulations!! I'm yo-yoing :(
  • Rubizita
    Rubizita Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 37 and finally ready to make a commitment to loose at least 50 pounds for my health and of course to keep up with my kids' activities!!!!! So lets do this!!! Add me :smile:
  • whr0411
    whr0411 Posts: 26
    Options
    Wow great job. I'm 49, 50 in Nov just started with MFP. Don't want to be fat and unfit at fifty so aiming to lose around 56 lbs. Seems like a drop in the ocean compared to what you have acheived. Your a great inspiration, thanks.