nsv...whats yours?

Options

Replies

• Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Push ups. Doing standard push ups makes me all kinds of happy. 15 straight might not be much but they made me super happy. My dream: I'd to do a full pull up. Straight hang to chin over the bar. * dreams away*
  • Mirth
    Mirth Posts: 77
    Options
    Last week I noticed that I can see my collar bone for the first time in years.

Today I bought pants a size smaller than what I've been wearing for over a year and a half.

I went hiking for hours this weekend and by the end of the day I was ready for another walk instead of being exhausted.
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    My pajama pants fit differently tonight!! Hard to explain, but it was exciting!
  • MontgomeryRats
    Options
    What is "nsv"? :-) I get the concept based on your stories, just not sure what it stands for...
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    What is "nsv"? :-) I get the concept based on your stories, just not sure what it stands for...
    Non Scale Victory
  • EmmieSu
    EmmieSu Posts: 136
    Options
    A non scale victory!! Past on the long johns and chocolate milk! Got my husband to join me on a long walk, and he even started drinking diet drinks. Tonight, I asked if he was ready for me to fix supper or could I go for a walk, and he said go for a walk! Huge victories for me!!
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I realized today that I am only 6 pounds away from my lying weight on my ID!! I know it's weird but I always felt terrible saying what I weighed so I lied and I NEVER thought I would get close to that weight and yet 19 pounds lost later and I'm ridiculously close to being my lie weight!!
    LOL! I don't think I've *ever* told the truth about my weight on my ID. I had to go look at mine just now to see what it says - talk about lying like a rug!

You've given me a new milestone:
    48 lbs to go, and I'll no longer be making a liar out my ID.

And a new long-term goal:
    When it's time to renew my ID in 2015, I want the new one to show my goal weight and to be telling the truth! :happy:
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    <--- I did chin-ups!!!!!!!!

Jealous! Congrats!
  • kmozymoz
    kmozymoz Posts: 187
    Options
    I realized today that I am only 6 pounds away from my lying weight on my ID!! I know it's weird but I always felt terrible saying what I weighed so I lied and I NEVER thought I would get close to that weight and yet 19 pounds lost later and I'm ridiculously close to being my lie weight!!

Hahaha I just reached my previously lying ID weight!! Feels good. But soon it will be lying again because it will be OVER what I actually weigh. :bigsmile: Good thing I have to renew at the end of this year.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I walked up a hill today and didn't get as winded as I used to.
    SUCCESS!

This was my NSV yesterday.

And another one. I was waiting for the compound row weight machine at the gym and there was a guy there finishing up his reps. He was probably 5'8" 180 or something like that. Anyway, he finished his set and I was shocked. He used 65 pounds. I thought, is that even challenging for you?

I moved it up to 110 (a new high) and did my 3 sets. But actually, I can probably move up to 125 tomorrow. They reps weren't super challenging, I probably could have done 15, but I stopped at 12. ;) I was aiming for 3 sets of 10.
  • sidra1446
    sidra1446 Posts: 32
    Options
    This is only my first week, and I'm not getting on the scale until Sunday... and even then I dont think it'll be much...

But this morning I could hardly keep my workout pants on! I was thrilled that I had to keep retying them over and over again and I swear my jeans felt so loose today too.
  • VLaaber
    VLaaber Posts: 30
    Options
    Being told I was an inspiration to a girl i went to high school with. We were both the same weight and now I have dropped over 40 pounds and still going! :)
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options

Hahaha I just reached my previously lying ID weight!! Feels good. But soon it will be lying again because it will be OVER what I actually weigh. :bigsmile: Good thing I have to renew at the end of this year.

Yes, this! My state ID says I weigh 145 (I weight 142 now!) and my permit says I weight 140 (close!). Both were TOTAL lies when I applied for them! I probably weighed 156 when I got my ID. Such a great feeling knowing that soon they'll be wrong for a GOOD reason!
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Just got back from a vacation in LA... spent half of the vacation putting on clothes i'd packed only to find that they didn't fit well and i looked like crap. Kind of a crappy NSV but it works for me.
    Yesterday I wore an outfit for a second time because a size 16 dress I bought in January was so baggy that I looked awful. Then today I wore a button up shirt for my flight, one which when originally purchased almost burst open due to my giant knockers... and today it was hanging off of me. But I guess I prefer this extreme to the other.
  • SMiller074
    SMiller074 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I see my collar bone starting to appear! Also, my wedding ring fits perfectly...on my thumb :)
  • janjan369
    janjan369 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have two:
    In the last few days, 3 people that I see on a regular basis told me that they noticed I've lost weight.
    Also, I went shopping for some new workout clothes and now have to return them for a smaller size :)
  • Arani70
    Arani70 Posts: 84
    Options
    I don't have a double chin when I talk anymore!!!

AND

I can fit into all my old jeans from when I was 15 (4 years ago) :D

and pretty much just being able to say no to junk food and feeling better because of it :D
  • Arrica
    Arrica Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Had to abandon my favorite loose gouchos for the tighter workout capris so that I wouldn't end up pantless doing jumping jacks in the living room. :-P

Have had several people tell me my face looks thinner. YAY!!

I look forward to working out every day and get antsy if it gets late and I haven't.

I can pass by QT on the way to work without stopping for 2 doughnuts or candy bars.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    LOVE reading all these! Great stuff people.

I had 2 in the last week.

Girl at the store suiting me up said she loves suiting up "built" guys.

And yesterday I got asked if I was some sort of acrobat while I was at the beach gym doing front levers and stuff.

Very happy :smile:
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,307
    Options
    My BP has dropped from 120/80 to about 117/75.........
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!