Help me with my macros

Options
Hey everyone,

Looking for some advice if someone can help.

I've reached my goal weight (lost 26lbs), but now want to focus on body composition. I will probably aim to lower my body fat a bit more but overall I just want to make sure I'm hitting the right macro's so my workouts will have the best chances of giving me a hot body!

It's been a while since I logged in and I want to get back on track, so I've been checking my stats.

Calories wise, I'm currently set on 1470 a day (.5 lb a week loss). Since I still have some body fat to lose, I'll stick to this for now.

My question is about macros. What should they be set at percentage wise? I've read quite a bit which recommends more protein as the MFP default is quite low. Would you agree? I've read the 0.5-1lb of protein per pound of weight. So what are your macro percentages and what would you consider the optimum to be (I'm not interested in low carb, low fat low anything really). My diet isn't great so I'm hoping by sticking to well thought out macros it'l clean it up a bit.

In terms of exercise, if it helps with context, I have fallen off the wagon recently but getting back on as I need to get fit. I play football once a week, 1 hour training session. I plan on doing 15-20mins HIIT twice a week (following a interval programme), I'm working on finding a decent weights programme- I'm not in a position to do barbell weights which I know are optimum but I plan on doing some bodyweight work and some machine work (probably twice a week along with HIIT) and I sometimes do a bodypump class once a week. I also go for a long walk once a week with my partner (couple of hours). Not sure if any of this info is useful!

Would really appreciate any advice about the macros (or in general), thanks for reading :)

Replies

• lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Looking for some advice if someone can help.

I've reached my goal weight (lost 26lbs), but now want to focus on body composition. I will probably aim to lower my body fat a bit more but overall I just want to make sure I'm hitting the right macro's so my workouts will have the best chances of giving me a hot body!

It's been a while since I logged in and I want to get back on track, so I've been checking my stats.

Calories wise, I'm currently set on 1470 a day (.5 lb a week loss). Since I still have some body fat to lose, I'll stick to this for now.

My question is about macros. What should they be set at percentage wise? I've read quite a bit which recommends more protein as the MFP default is quite low. Would you agree? I've read the 0.5-1lb of protein per pound of weight. So what are your macro percentages and what would you consider the optimum to be (I'm not interested in low carb, low fat low anything really). My diet isn't great so I'm hoping by sticking to well thought out macros it'l clean it up a bit.

In terms of exercise, if it helps with context, I have fallen off the wagon recently but getting back on as I need to get fit. I play football once a week, 1 hour training session. I plan on doing 15-20mins HIIT twice a week (following a interval programme), I'm working on finding a decent weights programme- I'm not in a position to do barbell weights which I know are optimum but I plan on doing some bodyweight work and some machine work (probably twice a week along with HIIT) and I sometimes do a bodypump class once a week. I also go for a long walk once a week with my partner (couple of hours). Not sure if any of this info is useful!

Would really appreciate any advice about the macros (or in general), thanks for reading :)

PM HELLOITSDAN
    HE IS GOOD AT THIS STUFF
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I have my macros set to drop body fat down. I am at 15% and want to get back down to 6% without losing much muscle. You can take a look what my percentages are. MFP didn't have the carb/protein correct.
  • jcmk87
    jcmk87 Posts: 57
    Options
    I have my macros set to drop body fat down. I am at 15% and want to get back down to 6% without losing much muscle. You can take a look what my percentages are. MFP didn't have the carb/protein correct.

Her goals and macros ratio would be different from yours.

OP here is the math.....

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options

Her goals and macros ratio would be different from yours.

OP here is the math.....

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

this ^^^^^read it and when your done read it again.
  • micls
    micls Posts: 234
    Options
    Read it once, will definitely be re-reading tomorrow to try to figure it out!