Banner

Options
So is anyone else getting the chick in a g-string for their banner add about her having a stomach? Now I HAVE a stomach, I'd be tickled if I had her's, that's what's wrong with the girls today, if they aren't a size 0 then then think they are fat! Rant over :flowerforyou:

Replies

• CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    42 pounds of stomach fat in 2 months. 21 pounds a month,,, 5 pounds a week. Well ya' just know that's a good idea. Healthy too!

Ya', she's cute. I'll bet she was cuter before, without the hollow eyes and the lightheadedness and the constant headache.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. Those ads do NOTHING to promote HEALTH which should be our main goal. Not to look like a size 0 starved-@## model.

We're not all built to look like that. Heck, most men I know don't look at girls like that- they look for WOMEN.

*steps off soapbox and passes it along to the next person*
  • VardaElentari
    Options
    :grabbing soapbox with determined look in eye:

The only reason "society" thinks size 0 is attractive is because it's so RARE. Those people are FREAKS of nature.
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: AMEN!:drinker: :drinker:
  • GraceKelly
    GraceKelly Posts: 7,378
    Options
    I think you have to look at a bigger picture. I am 4'11 I always wore a 0 before babies, I was still curvy, and certainly not a freak of nature. Sizing depends on the way you carry your weight.

Edited to add: I was not a stick figure. Society has the wrong impression of what a 0 looks like.
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    :grabbing soapbox with determined look in eye:

The only reason "society" thinks size 0 is attractive is because it's so RARE. Those people are FREAKS of nature.

Right on!
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Average height and weight of the US Population-

Body Measurements
    (Data are for the U.S.,1999-2002)
    Measured average height, weight, and waist circumference for adults ages 20 years and over

•Men:
    Height (inches): 69.3
    Weight (pounds): 190
    Waist circumference (inches): 39.0

•Women:
    Height (inches): 63.8
    Weight (pounds): 163
    Waist circumference (inches): 36.5

Source: Anthropometric Reference Data for Children and Adults; U.S. Population, 1999-2002, Tables 17,19, 26, 30, 32, and 39

Abercrombie & Fitch Women's Size Chart

WOMENS BOTTOMS ( inches )

WAIST HIP
    XS 23 - 24.5 33 - 34.5
    S 25 - 26.5 35 - 36.5
    M 27 - 28.5 37 - 38.5
    L 29 - 30.5 39 - 40.5

Notice anything odd? The avergae sized woman in America cannot fit into the largest size offered by A&F. So it's no wonder we think we're all freaks. The clothing designers and stores aren't carrying sizes to fit us.
  • ssvoboda2
    ssvoboda2 Posts: 14
    Options

Body Measurements
    Measured average height, weight, and waist circumference for adults ages 20 years and over

•Men:

•Women:

Source: Anthropometric Reference Data for Children and Adults; U.S. Population, 1999-2002, Tables 17,19, 26, 30, 32, and 39

WAIST HIP
    XS 23 - 24.5 33 - 34.5
    S 25 - 26.5 35 - 36.5
    M 27 - 28.5 37 - 38.5
    L 29 - 30.5 39 - 40.5

Notice anything odd? The avergae sized woman in American cannot fit into the largest size offered by A&F. So it's no wonder we think we're all freaks. The clothing designers and stores aren't carrying sizes to fit us.

WOW:noway:
  • CasperO
    Options

Body Measurements

•Men:

I'm 68" tall, weight 212 pounds, and have a 36" waist. How the heck do you get a 39" waist and weigh 190? When I started this I had a 46" waist and weighed 270. When my waist was 39 I weighed 240. Wierd wierd wierd,,,

Fortunately nobody cares. Guys bods are more varied than dog's bods,,, I'm going for the "Van Damme" look meself. :laugh:
  • VardaElentari
    Options
    Women are objects. :embarassed:

I myself was a thin object until I was 7 years old. Since then, I've been a fat lard.

What gives?
  • CasperO
    Options
    Wow, so much to say, so much to write. :grumble:
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you all, but I don't walk around with my butt sticking out like ^^ hers ^^ either. Is that supposed to emphasise the curve of her back or something? She looks like she's one of those mermaid things on the bow of a boat, lol.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

Notice anything odd? The avergae sized woman in America cannot fit into the largest size offered by A&F. So it's no wonder we think we're all freaks. The clothing designers and stores aren't carrying sizes to fit us.

Unfortunately, the industry is accomodating the increasing size of Americans' waistlines:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/07/10/attitudes.overweight/index.html

Otherwise, why would I still wear a size 14 pants at 189 lbs/ 42 y.o. --- in highschool I weighed at most 160 and wore a 14. :noway:

A&F is geared towards teenie boppers anyways, isn't it?
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    So is anyone else getting the chick in a g-string for their banner add about her having a stomach? Now I HAVE a stomach, I'd be tickled if I had her's, that's what's wrong with the girls today, if they aren't a size 0 then then think they are fat! Rant over :flowerforyou:

That is so funny!!!! I thought the same thing when I seen it. What stomach? It looks like she is just pushing it out. What is the purpose of the G-String. If she had a stomach in either picture, I promise her she wouldn't attempt to put a G-String on.
  • kankan213
    kankan213 Posts: 105
    Options
    It's a long time fact that the hardest thing to obtain in a society is the most desired.

During times of famine/countries with a lack of food- the more full bodied women are admired and the thin ones ignored.

With all the food/drinks our society consumes, being thin is harder, therefore it is desired.

LAME! ....
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

I'd be ecstatic if I had her before picture stomach!
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options

I'd be ecstatic if I had her before picture stomach!
    Me too!!!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Don't even get me started on shoes. All nine and tens are gone. If there was a wide width, it is long gone. If you try to order wides they are all out.

Body Measurements

•Men:

•Women:

WAIST HIP
    XS 23 - 24.5 33 - 34.5
    S 25 - 26.5 35 - 36.5
    M 27 - 28.5 37 - 38.5
    L 29 - 30.5 39 - 40.5