choices in the food List

Options
Hello, I'm a newbie here, nice to meet you all.
I have problem with the choices of food in the list because most of the brands listed are not available in my country. So i just try to guess, try and error, until I found the closest which contain more or less the same calorie with the brands I use here. However sometimes there was 30 calories difference and I hope that I'm not cheating that much. hahaha...Oh, by the way I'm from Indonesia.
Thank you and have a nice day! :smile:

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Yup, it takes a bit of hunting around in the database to find the items you need. Once you have used them they will show in your "recent" or "frequent" list so it does get easier.
    Some handy hints for you:
    - add the word "raw" after a fruit or vegetable (ie "carrot raw") and look for the entry with no * in front of it. This has been added by MFP not a user and should have a good range of serving sizes (cups, oz, grams etc).
    - you can add your own foods if you have the nutritional info.
    - or just take a best guess as you are doing. All our food and exercise entries are estimates, so as long as you are pretty close, it will be OK.
  • Dita2810
    Dita2810 Posts: 9
    Options
    thank you!
    I do have the nutritional information, how do I add it to the list?
  • tanga_gurl
    tanga_gurl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Iv just brought food weighing scales, makes it sooo much easier than guess work, and iv been over estimating everything!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    When you search for a food, there is an option at the bottom of the screen "add new food".
    Just put it here.