kinect -- good idea to lose weight/ get moving?

I purchased the kinect and have played it for the past three days for an hour or more (It's fun!) The first day I woke up in alot of pain, arms and thigh's. (played boxing, soccer and an obstacle (jumping up, moving sideways, squatting--all on a game we purchased) since then i still am in a bit of pain but nothing severe. I was wondering if Kinect is a good way to lose weight (added to walking on my tred)

I bought zumba fitness rush, anyone else tried it?

Replies

• We have a couple different games for it and I use it with my normal workout sometimes its all i do...I work up a pretty big sweat while do it.
  • I love Dance Central (we have #2). It gives a calorie burn but I think it is a little low. I burn maybe 350 in an hour...not awesome but fun! SO I use it for exercise 1-2 times a week, and something with a better burn the other days.

I have the Biggest Loser Ultimate workout...but the tech on that one is not awesome. Good for getting correct form in strength training, though.
  • angevee
    angevee Posts: 55 Member
    It's brilliant! Try fruit ninja for an arm work out.
    And as for Biggest Loser, I love it!! It's my only "workout" and I've gone down two sizes. Just Dance is good fun too
  • Arya21
    Arya21 Posts: 2
    Ya, I love using my Kinect to work out. I don't have the newest Zumba but I love the original. It's a lot of fun! I couple it with You Shape though I think you burn more calories than they say. Anyways, I like to switch the two up because they each offer two different ways to work out. Cheers! : )
  • Emabo
    Emabo Posts: 125 Member
    I usually only use it with friends, because I can burn more doing other things. I still think it is great for exercising and a lot of fun though!
  • LisaMcFerran
    LisaMcFerran Posts: 5 Member
    started using mine last night and its great, exercise that is just good fun : ))
  • I have Zumba Rush and I love it! I work up a great sweat and it's really fun! I probably burn more than most though seeing that my 23lbs 11 month old makes me hold him half the time I'm trying to work out lol.
  • Marks281172
    Marks281172 Posts: 127 Member
    Its great, another weapon in your arsenal in the war on lard :)

@Arya21 the cals burnt in FE12 is quite a long way out for me according to my Polar FT7. A session of boot camp (i usually do 3 levels) will display as 100 cals or so but my HRM will read closer to 400, which for 30-40 mins of hard circuit training sounds about right for me (230lbs).

Its great as an option on those bad weather days when its hard to get out for a decent run, or when you are pushed for time and need a quick session that doesnt involve the military excercise of getting to the gym with all your gear and back and I found it really helped me get moving when i started out last year.