new here and have a question

Options
hi all! i have only been using this site for a week, but i find that i am always coming and putting in my food to see where i am at so i guess that is good! obviously i haven't really seen any major changes yet, but i do feel like i've lost some ( i was cutting down before i found this site!). anyway my question is, is it bad if i am under my calorie amount everyday? some days it is because i earned some. i usually walk everyday for at least 45 min. unless i work or it is raining, but those days i make sure i do my crunches. but i don't think in the whole week that i've been using the counter that i have been over 1000 cal. is that a bad thing? any tips or adviced i can get i would really appreciate! i really want to lose some of my belly by summer! thanks!

Replies

• wagsgirls
    wagsgirls Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    hi all! i have only been using this site for a week, but i find that i am always coming and putting in my food to see where i am at so i guess that is good! obviously i haven't really seen any major changes yet, but i do feel like i've lost some ( i was cutting down before i found this site!). anyway my question is, is it bad if i am under my calorie amount everyday? some days it is because i earned some. i usually walk everyday for at least 45 min. unless i work or it is raining, but those days i make sure i do my crunches. but i don't think in the whole week that i've been using the counter that i have been over 1000 cal. is that a bad thing? any tips or adviced i can get i would really appreciate! i really want to lose some of my belly by summer! thanks!
  • tjblack
    tjblack Posts: 122
    Options
    hello, welcome to the site. Everyone here is very nice and will help you when they can. To answer your question, you should eat all of your calories and at least most of the ones you earn working out. If you have a hard time fitting it in, try something like nuts, peanutbutter, etc that is high in calories, but they are the good kind.

good luck to you:flowerforyou:
  • ChrisM
    ChrisM Posts: 17
    Options
    I am new also and I have always heard that you need to use your calories because it makes you burn more otherwise you will just stay where you are
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    please read the post "Please read me newbies" it will answer all of your questions!
  • wagsgirls
    wagsgirls Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    thanks to all of you! and the links recommended were very helpful! hopefully i can fix my eating and still lose some in time for summer! ok so at the risk of sounding dumb i want to sum this up and make sure i understand! my bmr says 1555calories/day. but i want to follow my profile one that says 1200 cals/day right? so i want to make sure that i actually eat 1200 calories everyday and i will still lose weight? am i right so far? then since i walk mostly everyday for 45 min i will burn cals. so then i want to make sure that i eat the amount that i burnt walking? that just seems weird, but if that's what works then i am all for it! now is there a time restriction for eating? like should i have all of the cals consumed by 7:00 pm or can i still eat at like 8 or 9 pm? that's part of my problem i eat later at night because the kids are in bed and hubby is at work! and one more question is there anywhere on here that lists good foods/ bad foods? cause i don't want to be eating all bad!! :huh: thanks to all of you for your help!:flowerforyou: