Ideas for breakfast at work please!

Options
Jen_ht
Jen_ht Posts: 99 Member
Hi All,
Hoping you can help me with some great ideas, as I see some really great recipes out there on the forums, but I'm just a bit stuck in a rut!

I eat breakfast at work most days, otherwise I find I get real hungry by 10am and start snacking like crazy. I've been having instant porridge as we have microwaves available, but I'm finding this really boring now and have started buying unhealthy things on the way onto work like huge bagels and breakfast baguettes from Pret :/

I'm not a massive fan of cereal by itself as I don't find it keeps me full (and I really don't like wheetabix)

Does anyone have any ideas that would help keep me full for the whole morning and bring some variation to my diet?

Thanks so much friends :)

Replies

• kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i think you can get special microwave egg poachers. so then you could have like eggs? alternatively you could make stuff at home and then warm it up at work
  • laetitiaw
    laetitiaw Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Instant porridge has a high GI so your body uses the calories really quickly and you'll fee hungry quickly. I start the day with dorset Museli but if you want something on the go try 100g fresh cherries and 25g dry almonds - they go really well together and you can snack on them if you don't fancy eating breakfast in one go. Also try a Banana, glass of milk and some nuts (almonds, walnuts) these are all low GI foods so they'll keep you going till lunch and they're easily packed up the night before or in the morning. Good luck :)
  • VezNo1
    VezNo1 Posts: 83
    Options
    Protien shake and a banana, then have 37grams of mixed unsalted nuts to snack on up until lunchtime.
  • lucybell333
    Options
    Some desk-based ideas for you:

Slim Fast Ready-Made Shakes or Meal Bars
    Protein Shakes or bars
    Moma Oatie Breakfast pots
    Apple/Banana with a handful of mixed natural nuts
    Graze snacks

Good luck!
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I workout first thing in the morning so I usually have a protein shake while I'm getting ready for work. I then usually have a hard boiled egg and a banana halfway between that and lunch and seem to be doing fine. Greek yogurt is another powerful think that you can eat since its packed with protein and will make you feel fuller longer!
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I've recently started having greek yoghurt and a banana, I eat at my desk around 8.30 - 9, and that normally keeps me going until lunch at 1.
  • btdublin
    btdublin Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    Hoping you can help me with some great ideas, as I see some really great recipes out there on the forums, but I'm just a bit stuck in a rut!

I eat breakfast at work most days, otherwise I find I get real hungry by 10am and start snacking like crazy. I've been having instant porridge as we have microwaves available, but I'm finding this really boring now and have started buying unhealthy things on the way onto work like huge bagels and breakfast baguettes from Pret :/

I'm not a massive fan of cereal by itself as I don't find it keeps me full (and I really don't like wheetabix)

Does anyone have any ideas that would help keep me full for the whole morning and bring some variation to my diet?

Thanks so much friends :)

If you live/work in London then get a Moma breakfast! www.momafoods.co.uk/
    Mate of mine set up the company a few years ago, he was sick and tired of fastfood breakfast options being all unhealthy.
    Available in most mainline stations!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    if you have a kitchenette, like we do...I took in a small electric skillet, and left it there with some spray olive oil and a few herb sachets. it's easy to leave a box of eggs and a pkt of shredded cheese in the fridge. Make an omelette!
  • hadeela80
    Options
    Hi,

I am currently eating the apple and cinnamon instant oat meal (130 calories), and previously I would have a small bowl of yogurt like Activia which is good also for digestion
  • letstalksumtym
    Options
    I have been making whole wheat muffins and you can make a batch and have them for the whole week. and instead of 2 cups of the whole wheat flour i replace 1 cup with ground up oatmeal (this makes them more filling). also instead of oil i user apple sauce and apple juice and leave out the sugar.

hope this helps!!
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I have Nordicware EggMuffin maker (ordered off Amazon) and I make scrambled egg whites w/ cheese and turkey bacon bits. It takes about 45 seconds in the microwave and is so good!
  • Jen_ht
    Jen_ht Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Ooh I'm loving the ideas people - thanks! I think I'll get on the greek yogurt and fruit w/ some nuts and see how I go with alternating. We do have a microwave but I distrust doing eggs in a microwave - not quite sure why, I always think they taste a bit wierd! Maybe I'll have to try again and see. I'm especially loving the oatmeal breakfast muffin idea :) I gotta bake some up at the weekends and try it.
  • sasab904
    sasab904 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    We love eggs, so we will make crustless quiches in muffin tins and put them in the frezzer, take it out the night before and instant breakfast. Just throw in the microwave with an english muffin. You could also make your own granola (or buy) and mix with some greek yogurt with some berries. If you like waffles, make a big batch on Sunday, freeze them and just toast them when you get to work, add jam or my daughter loves cream cheese on her waffles. A fruit smoothie with half of a bagel. We are currently drinking Shakeology every morning. We find the key is to make ahead meals. I start work at 7am, so I eat when I get to work and then have a snack around 9:30.

Good luck!
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    If you have a massive sweet tooth then I would highly recommend making a big fruit salad, I tend to opt for strawberries, pears, pineapple, peaches and bananas. I'm certain it will keep you full and energised all morning. You could even add in a small pot of yoghurt to pour over your fruit if you wanted:)
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I've recently started having greek yoghurt and a banana, I eat at my desk around 8.30 - 9, and that normally keeps me going until lunch at 1.

Oh yes this is great! This is my usual breakfast: a banana chopped in a cup of Greek yogurt.. very yummy and filling :)