look at a day in my food diary for me please?

Options
hi,

would you guys mind checking out Monday 19/03/12 (non working out day) and Tuesday 20/03/12 (working out day) in my food diary please?

I am doing my monthly shop online and have used these days to plan what I am going to be eating. does this look well balanced and healthy to you guys? what can i do to improve it?

thank you :)

Replies

• Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Obviously your calories are fine. Personally I'd go for a lot more fresh fruit and vegetables but plenty of people seem to survive without them.
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    You haven't logged any water did you forget to log it , or have not been drinking it.
    maybe try for less sugar and more veg but include a variety of veg and different colors so you get a good assortment of nutrients.
    and try to add some fish once or twice a week or take fish oil supplement
  • nibbynoo
    nibbynoo Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    cause its in the future! lol this is what i've planned to eat next week (unless everybody screams at me its no good! lol)
    i'll log the water as i drink it on the 19/20th :)

thanks guys!
  • kristymccarrick
    Options
    i am wondering why my diary doesnt keep track of sugars i heard sugars are important to keep track of how do i get mine to track sugars to??
  • judeanzures
    Options
    I agree with PinkMiny on the water and sugar. Carbs are my enemy, I try to have enough, but not over do it. I like how your trying to get your metabolism going by eatting throughout the day.
    I suggest to mix up your meals one week at a time (if you can). Try and find foods that your body reacts to, it sucks to eat the same thing but once you find out what works you'll see the result quickly. The food my body reacts to is tuna; I eat a can of tuna almost everyday and am seeing the reward.

I think your on the right track keep it up!

Jude
  • pezmonkey
    Options
    i am wondering why my diary doesnt keep track of sugars i heard sugars are important to keep track of how do i get mine to track sugars to??

Hi there!

To track sugars, go to Settings (under My Home), then Diary Settings. You can change your the nutrients you're tracking there.

Hope that helps!
  • lady_in_weighting
    lady_in_weighting Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    try eating your calorie allowance on gym and non gym days. these calories are hwat you are allowed to eat so enjoy them (: i've read alot of blogs recently that say that people have been loosing more weight by eating their daily reccommended calories.

If lower calorie than your recommended is working then stick to that. I'd suggest eating more protein rich foods like meat, eggs, fish, cottage cheese, beans, pulses, nuts and seeds. They will build lean muscle and you'll be burning fat by going to the gym at the same time!

Good luck! (:
  • jaquwa
    jaquwa Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi There, I would suggest more protein if you are going to the gym. I like to keep carbs and protein balanced at 40% each. Feel free to look at my diary (i think its public!) I am not saying that it is perfect or anything by any stretch of the imagination!
    Good luck and well done for planning!
  • scmcgee
    scmcgee Posts: 165
    Options
    On the food tab, you go settings and add sugar to your food diary.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    It looks pretty well balanced to me, and if it's what you enjoy that's great.

Yoghurt can also be a great extra snack, the fat free variety, I find them handy to have in. I also tend to drink chocolate soya milk after working out although I do drink dairy milk as well.

Maybe some peppers in the stir fry. I tend to stock up on frozen peppers and mushrooms to add to stuff like this, I can't remember which supermarket does it but they do frozen stir fry mix. Great to see you have spinach and cabbage in though.

But it's all about what works for you, you seem to have plenty of veg in, always good to snack on fresh fruit though although I never trust it when ordering online.
  • rockinwolf
    rockinwolf Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am tracking sugar too. You can edit your settings by going to account settings (top of page), then click diary settings. Here you can personalize what you track as well as change your meals/snacks if you like.