Yogurts to eat ??

Options
So need to start eating some form of yogurt? and advise for a particular kind of yogurt although not so much a fan of greek yogurt as i find it quite bitter ..any ideas peeps

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Just try different brands and see what you like. Buy one cup from several brands and see what tastes best to you. Look at the ingredients though. Some brands, like Yoplait and Danon, add thickeners (cheapo strategy- it just adds filler) and artificial sweeteners (I avoid them, your mileage may vary).

I am a Greek yogurt fan myself, particularly the Fage brand. Different brands of Greek taste differently, so if for example you found Fage bitter, Chobani may be more to your liking. I prefer the consistency of Greek plus it has much more protein per cup.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Yoplait light delicious
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Fage total 0% is awesome! But if you think Greek yogurt is too bitter, try Muller 0,1% :)
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    I love Greek yogurt the best! It is loaded with protein. Chobani is my favorite. It has natural ingredients and like 13-15g of protein per serving. It is also thick/creamy and delicious. If you are watching sugar, plain might be the best option but they have delicious flavors that have more sugar.
  • bcsrule
    bcsrule Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love Chobani (esp blood orange)and then Fage.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    There is no reason you have to eat yogurt if you don't like it. Do you like cottage cheese?
  • swthrtsmrf
    swthrtsmrf Posts: 384
    Options
    I like yoplait yogurts the best. But I have also gotten into eating Greek yogurt. Like you I found the plain to be bitter, but I have found that it tastes great with a cup of frozen fruit defrosted and pureed poured in and I add two packets of Truvia sweetener to give it flavor.

If you want some different ways to eat it, here is a link to a thread I started.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/498853-greek-yogurt-how-do-you-like-it
  • fairycake25
    Options
    There is no reason you have to eat yogurt if you don't like it. Do you like cottage cheese?

I do like yogurt but im finding it pretty hard to find one that isnt loaded with sugar etc as im training loads and trying to stick to all naturalish foods :)
  • fairycake25
    Options
    Thanks ALL :) x
  • radosti1
    radosti1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have a love affair with Chobani greek yogurt. I buy it by the case at costco. My kids and I plow through a case a week at least. Sometimes two. 14 grams of protein, 19 sugars, but the protein balances out the sugar.
  • snowstorme
    snowstorme Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I make my own Greek yogurt parfaits. I use the 0% Plain Fage or Chobani and add liquid stevia and what ever fruit I want. My favorite right now is diced apples sauteed with a little butter, apple pie spice and walnuts. Then I add cinnamon and liquid stevia to the yogurt and layer it all in 1 pint ball jars. I make them up on the weekend and just pull one out and take it to work for a snack works great! I've also been adding additional protein using Optimum Nutrition's Any Whey. It mixes in great and doesn't affect the taste.
  • MissCheese
    MissCheese Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    The only yoghurt I really enjoy is Rachel's Organic Low Fat Bio Live Vanilla. It is high in sugar but so creamy and tasty, it's my daily treat with some fresh berries.
  • MammaC66
    MammaC66 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I love HyVee lite yogurt. They are creamy and have pieces of real fruit in them.:smile:
  • DistilledVixen
    DistilledVixen Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I like Danone Silhouette Yogurt. They are 35 cals, 3 g sugar and come in many different flavours. My fav is Tofee and Vanilla.
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I love the LIght yoplait yogurts. I am a fan of Greek but the regular has more calcium which is something I strive to get adequate amounts of.