Can a Ball Make a Difference?

Options
LPCoder
LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
I loathe exercise! I love reading! The combination of the two make it hard for me to do any kind of exercise. So what I have done is to buy a large exercise ball to sit on when I read. I bounce, I pulse, I roll my hips hula style, I shift my weight from one leg to the other, I lay back and engage my abs. This has really worked for me! I get some toning in and I can read at the same time.

Replies

• julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I love it! Thanks for the tip :happy:
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of my core work on an exercise ball. It can help.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I hope you're getting cardio in too...
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I am of the mindset that any movement is better than NO movement! So bounce awayyyyyyyy!
  • jgibson2
    jgibson2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    can you not do a cardio machine while reading? If you can balance on a exercise ball I would think you could do a cardio machine as well. At my gym there are many who will go for an hour or more when engaged in a good book. I know for me though its sportscenter on the TV that keeps me going longer.
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS read on the treadmill and on the elliptical. Also, when I walk outside (can't read a book then) I listen to a book. It's great. The library has these books called "playaway." Little ipod type thing with 1 full book. You supply the AAA battery and the ear buds. Yes..I know I can buy my own...but these are FREE!!! You take them out just like a book. They are AWESOME!!!
    Hope this helps.
  • polz7
    polz7 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I used to hate running. A lot. Then my marathon running boyfriend told me that I was doing it wrong. I was putting in too much effort which was tiring me out too fast and making me feel terrible. He made me run really really slow - as in fast walkers could go ahead of me type of slow and I ran for longer than I ever had before. Scary to admit but I like I like running now! Training for my second 5K and trying to get my time down from the last one. For anyone who hates cardio, like I did, Go SLOWER.
  • Crimson_
    Crimson_ Posts: 60
    Options
    i use the ball all the time, i actually even have one at work for my desk(i dont always use it but somedays ill use it while i work) i watch tv on it and i do all my weight lifting on it, it has really helped my core strenght and its a good feeling to know im not just sitting and watching tv i am sudo exercising too lol...i wont say its a miracle ball that will make you healthy but its a good supplement to workouts.
  • LPCoder
    LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I have Audible.com when I walk the dogs, or go mall walking. I can also download free books from the library.