Help me plan ...

Options
wave143j
wave143j Posts: 74 Member
what I'm going to eat. My office is taking our newest member out to lunch at a Chinese Buffet today. My new lifestyle does not like buffets. I'm not concerned of self-control but I don't know any of the nutritional values and there is nothing there to weigh portion size. I love the sushi rolls they have but even those aren't marked with the name of the roll so logging will be difficult. Any suggestions to the general foods that I should stick with to make logging easier? What's low cal at a chinese buffet?

Replies

• Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Well a lot of Chinese places generally have food packed with sodium.

If they don't have a website with an online menu and nutritional information, you will definitely have to be careful.

Go with Steamed Vegetables. Chicken, ask if any chicken dishes have grilled chicken rather than fried in batter. Also seafood is a good choice, just make sure it also isn't fried in batter.

If brown rice is an option have that instead of white rice and make sure you don't eat too much of it. Eat veggies and grilled meats first I say, that way if you feel a little fuller on these, you won't tend to eat the rest which is mainly just carbs.

Take plastic containers, put about half of each item into the container to take home for the next day. This way you will be getting half the calories, but still enjoy the taste of Chinese food.

Be wary of some of the sauces, such as sweet and sour (even though it's so tasty), pretty sure it's just sugar and sodium. Ive had sweet and sour chicken once and it was just so salty. It was quite disgusting, it's all I could really taste sadly.

I haven't had a chinese for months now, but if I do have one at all in the near future, I will work my hardest to fit it all in by adjusting the rest of my day. Do a good cardio workout on that day just to free up some calories and such.
  • wluyando
    wluyando Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey Wave, I havent being in this situation yet but I think the best and safe way to go is steam veggies and chicken with brocoly or somenthing like that, if you want desert go with fresh fruit. Good luck honey, I know you will do just fine =)
  • wave143j
    wave143j Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! This helps. I will just do my best and make smart decisions.