I can do it!

Options
Hi everyone :)
I am a 29 year old girl originally from St. Louis, MO. I've been living in England for the past 6 years and loving it!

Once upon a time I was between 230-240 lbs. (Never really had the guts to stand on a scale until I started making an effort! I lost the majority of that weight 6-7 years ago.
FoQUI.jpg

I've since had two kids and while I'm not technically overweight (barely), I really feel the need to shed about 20 lbs. and get in shape. The loose skin from losing weight is the bane of my existence! Hopefully I can tone it up so that it's not so noticeable! Any tips are most welcome!

Today (March 14th 2012) I am 148 lbs. This is where my journey begins.
Iarv8.jpg

Replies

• kali2785
    kali2785 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT~~~~~!!!!! Look at you! You've already done so much already! I think a lot of core exercises and weights will help you get the toned look you are going for.
  • tattooedtealady
    tattooedtealady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :) You CAN do it! We all can! Add me as a friend if you like xo
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    AGirlandHerFrenchie Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Hey, you've come to the right place - you can definitely do this and we're all here to support and encourage you :) Add me as a friend if you like.
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Great work already! I hear you on the loose skin, I'm not sure that I have any tips but I'm working on the same problem. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like too. :)
  • luvnlife1124
    Options
    Yes, you can! You are such and inspiration and have accomplished so much! Great job!! MFP is such a great place....I'm looking forward to meeting more friends along the same journey. It is powerful to overcome & reach goals with people...rather than to do it alone! Good luck with your goals - keep on keeping on!
  • ts1122
    ts1122 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend! I have 2 kids under age 4 and I am still working on losing the baby weight and toning up! Good luck - you can do it!
  • myohana4
    myohana4 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    YES, you can!!
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    You can totally do it! Add me as a friend if you would like support along your journey!
  • Ke1ra78
    Ke1ra78 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    :happy: Hi,

Yes you can do it. You look great already. i too want to lose about 20lb to reach my goal weight. Add me as a friend if you want. Good Luck.
  • tarak83
    tarak83 Posts: 40
    Options
    Thank you for all of the kind words and encouragement, everyone!

Has anyone else noticed that getting started is the hardest part... not actually doing it? It's taken me quite awhile to get into the right state of mind, but once I've reached that point there's no stopping me. I'm glad I've found a community full of nice people to keep me motivated!