Frustrating!!

Options
All of these posts about gaining weight. YOU ARE GOING TO GAIN WEIGHT!! You're weight fluctuates, ESPECIALLY WOMEN!!! Stop complaining and be excited that you are taking the steps to lose the weight! Throw the damn scale away and stop obsessing!

*steps off soap box*

Replies

• QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    Take a deep breath. Say it with me: "Woooo-ssssaaaaahhhhhh." :wink:
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    NO! The weight should just fall off! Geesh why don't you understand that?
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Would also like to point out, that many of the people here have also abused food, and been sedetary for years and years thus ruining their hormonal profiles and metabolisms. Then they expect everything to right itself within weeks.
  • PunkRockDad
    Options
    :drinker:

To the OP, couldn't agree more.

Throw the damn scale away.
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    Would also like to point out, that many of the people here have also abused food, and been sedetary for years and years thus ruining their hormonal profiles and metabolisms. Then they expect everything to right itself within weeks.

I've struggled with that mentality too. It's really hard to change how you think after a lifetime of viewing food as entertainment.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options

I love it when people say, "you didn't put it on over night, it's not going to come off over night"
  • QueenJayJay
    Options

I love it when people say, "you didn't put it on over night, it's not going to come off over night"

It's true though...
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    You got it, hottie!
    The scale isn't something we should live and die by.
    Add in the fact that I dropped 10 pounds and lost 70 calories a day for my base consumption....yea. Explains plateaus too...
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options

It's true though...

I just wish people would realize they need to take pictures and measurments, and yes weigh yourself, but once a week. Look at the pictures and every month or so take an updated pic
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options

Good Lord, is THAT what loosing weight means? :)
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    Take a deep breath. Say it with me: "Woooo-ssssaaaaahhhhhh." :wink:

You gotta rub your ears while saying it or it won't work ( like in bad boys)
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    I like to weigh myself with a donut in each hand...
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    BUT I WANT INSTANT GRATIFICATION! I'M AMERICAN, DANGIT!

joking obviously
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options

joking obviously

That's how people think, it's sad. lol
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    I like to weigh myself with a donut in each hand...

:love:
  • supercatie18
    supercatie18 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Could not agree more!!!! It's like well your only options are either to give up or keep trying!
  • PunkRockDad
    Options

joking obviously

That's how people think, it's sad. lol

When it comes to weight loss you can thank The Biggest Loser for that. It has a good message, but it gives people false hope making them think they are going to lose 10 pounds every week.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options

When it comes to weight loss you can thank The Biggest Loser for that. It has a good message, but it gives people false hope making them think they are going to lose 10 pounds every week.
    [/quote]

Those people are 200+ lbs over weight!!! lol
  • linni100
    linni100 Posts: 2
    Options
    I know we would all like to be able to take a pill and lose the weight like overnight but it dont happen that way. i have always heard diet and exercise. Just never wanted to do the diet and exercise, didnt have to do that years ago but now guess what im doing....diet and 5 days aweek exercise...
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options

Good Lord, is THAT what loosing weight means? :)

Ok, that made me chuckle. I'd love to loose some weight too then. ;)