Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

need to lose 100lbs to start

i have a long way to go anyone else in my boat lol

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    In the Search section right above you can ask your question and find tons of people or go to the blog above and search there. Welcome and good luck. We are all here for support. :flowerforyou:
  • galebran
    galebran Posts: 13
    Focus on 1 day at a time and 1 week at a time!!! Dont look at the WHOLE amount you need to lose!!
  • jwobbly57
    jwobbly57 Posts: 16
    Hello,

I am supposed to lose 100lbs so my consultant says!!! My GP says 4stone to be realistic.

What I tend to do is aim for my first 10% off my original weight, and then another 10% as I go down, not so daunting that way.

Good luck with your journey. If you want I can be your friend and we can make that journey together.
  • jenniferlynn2477
    jenniferlynn2477 Posts: 39 Member
    I know! It seems that what we want to lose is a huge reach, but I just started in January and I'm down 22 pounds. I don't diet because I can't stand them and I'll fail. I've learned to weigh my food, and although it is a pain it really has helped. I look at the nutrition content of everything I buy. I don't go to a gym, but I do have a treadmill in my house that I force myself to get on. Just doing these things make a HUGE difference in losing the weight. Good luck, but you'll get to your goal just don't get frustrated!
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Oh yes, long way! I'm estimating about ~130 pounds to go, though I won't know for sure what a healthy weight is for me until I get there.