Mothers day after Paddys Day!

Options
Anyone from Ireland....Paddys Day followed by Mothers Day! Are you working harder this week before the weekend or are you sticking to the diet over the weekend? I know its all about good choices when you're out but this weekend is going to be hard work to keep count.

Replies

• LexyDB
    LexyDB Posts: 261
    Options
    Wow! Racism on the board! I'm certain the term is Irish, not paddy.
  • StarryEyed500
    StarryEyed500 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing St Patrick's Day (I don't drink lol) but Mother's Day for me will involve mostly the same things I would normally eat, plus a bit of chocolate.

If you know you will have, for example, 5 pints of Guinness, then plan ahead for that. You don't have to kill yourself trying to stick to your goal, but aim to not have too big a gross. You can always work out a bit more next week or eat a bit less if necessary.

If you have a smart phone, that will help with the logging as you can use the MFP app.
  • Mrs_Moose
    Mrs_Moose Posts: 11 Member
    Options

Paddy is shortened from patrick!! and i personally dont know any irish ppl that wud find that racist!!

Anyway....!! i should relly be working harder as i plan on goin for few drinks on paddys day and then we hav christening the following day with partners family so i will defo need few extra drinks lol! im goin to walk to the parade and then try to keep some calories from during the week is that allowed?
  • LexyDB
    LexyDB Posts: 261
    Options
    I know quite a few.
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I know quite a few.

Are they all there mentally? Or are you joking?
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    From wexford. Im gonna try my hardest and a healthy weekend :-)
  • xo_morgan
    xo_morgan Posts: 298
    Options
    I know quite a few.

Weird.....:huh:
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options

*eyeroll*
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Schnuddelbuddel Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I know quite a few.
    EVERY Irish person calls it Paddy's Day. Nobody would say 'Happy Irish Day' because that's not what it is.
    What you encounter is this: Calling every Irish person a 'Paddy' -now THAT is offensive to a good few ;)

AAAnnnnnnywho...

I'm NOT working any harder this week because 1- I'm off the booze (boooo) due to breastfeeding and 2- I know I'll get gorgeous dark chocs but I'm not so much a chocoholic that I'll devour them in one go anyway. Also, the kids and hubby will happily dig in and I'll let them :)
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I know quite a few.

I'm Irish (not from Ireland) but regardless no one has ever called me a paddy...LOL and it isn't racist.

I don't drink so that won't kill me but we will go out to eat and take the kiddos for ice cream...so we shall see!!!
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I saw a thread yesterday where all the Americans call it St Patty's Day. Now THAT was ridiculous.

I'm only after realising that it's both Paddy's ánd Mother's Day, yikes! And don't forget, a Bank Holiday then on Monday, so three days of fun.... Better try to up the exercise a bit...
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Someone's trying to stir up the boards quite early this morning....
  • girl_afraid82
    girl_afraid82 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I think they probably jumped the gun a bit... calling the DAY Paddy's Day is very different to calling an Irish person a Paddy.
  • sarajo16
    sarajo16 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I saw a thread yesterday where all the Americans call it St Patty's Day. Now THAT was ridiculous.

I'm only after realising that it's both Paddy's ánd Mother's Day, yikes! And don't forget, a Bank Holiday then on Monday, so three days of fun.... Better try to up the exercise a bit...

Completely forgot about the bank holiday Monday! :)

I don't understand the racism comment! Roll on Paddy's Day emm I mean St Patrick's Day.
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    OH brother!
  • Siannah
    Options

Completely forgot about the bank holiday Monday! :)

I don't understand the racism comment! Roll on Paddy's Day emm I mean St Patrick's Day.

Don't worry about it, PC gone mad. Definitely not an Irish person saying that (neither am I by the way, I'm a plastic Paddy for the last 12 years). :glasses: Have fun this weekend!! I reckon I'll be going to the Newbridge parade with the children, Dublin is a little too busy for my liking.
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Wow! Racism on the board!

*FACEPALM*
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options

I wasn't aware that "Irish" was a race....
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I know quite a few.
    Actually Paddy's Day is more culture for actual people from Ireland. I just read an article on it as well. First of all...St Patrick or Patty himself was English...Paddy is actually the Irish version. They do celebrate big in Ireland...its a national holiday. You must be grossly misinformed or far from being Irish!
  • Siannah
    Options
    St Patrick was Welsh, not English :flowerforyou: