Not sure what I am doing wrong

Options
Hi Everyone,
I have been using this board for about 2 weeks now.
For the most part I never thought of myself as a bad eater and I am fairly active, but this site has helped me cut down on my calories and motivated me to boost the intensity of my work outs each week.

However, I haven't really seen any change. I have gone to the gym 5 times for 1 hr -1.5 hrs each time. Doing a variety of work outs from intense cardio - weight training - work out classes.
I haven't gone over my calorie intake. Granted, I haven't eaten all my calories either, as I earn a lot from the long work outs.
I drink my water... and still nothing. I feel better... but I've only lost 2lbs.

I thought boosting up the exercise would really help burn the fat... but alas nothing.

does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Replies

• AlisonMCross
    AlisonMCross Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    For the most part I never thought of myself as a bad eater and I am fairly active, but this site has helped me cut down on my calories and motivated me to boost the intensity of my work outs each week.

However, I haven't really seen any change. I have gone to the gym 5 times for 1 hr -1.5 hrs each time. Doing a variety of work outs from intense cardio - weight training - work out classes.
    I haven't gone over my calorie intake. Granted, I haven't eaten all my calories either, as I earn a lot from the long work outs.
    I drink my water... and still nothing. I feel better... but I've only lost 2lbs.

I thought boosting up the exercise would really help burn the fat... but alas nothing.

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    2 lbs in 2 wks? That is not bad!! From reading your post the only thing I suggest is to eat all your calories and of course choose nutritious foods vs not so nutritious. Also try to vary your workouts...and 2 wks is not long enough to see major changes. Just be consistent and you will see results. Good luck!!! :flowerforyou:
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

If you've lost 2lbs in 2 weeks then that is healthy weight loss. There are many posts on this so search them and have a read through. 1lb a week is the goal that a lot of people set themselves on here as it is realistic and healthy.
  • gonezobean
    gonezobean Posts: 154
    Options
    measure yourself!

When I am lacking in lbs loss, I am dropping inches all around the body.

In all honesty weight loss is a sticky tricky thing. You body has good weeks and bad. In the end the longer it takes to get off, the longer it will stay off.

Good luck. You'll get past the two weeks and be dropping lbs like its your job.
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    Options
    I would say it's perfect - 2lbs in 2 weeks :smile:

I was quite active and eating quit healthy before I joined MFP and my weigh loss was slow since I'm here but I'm glad I'm losing at all :smile:
    I think it is very quick for people who had to change their eating habits drastically (and it may mostly be water!) and started to exercise regularly.

Don't worry, everything is ok :flowerforyou:
  • KathyR
    KathyR Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    you could acually be lseing the weight but your also putting on mustle pounds which is good
  • leblancb
    leblancb Posts: 47
    Options
    You should feel better and that is what counts!! When you work out, muscle weights more than fat so you wont drop the pounds as much but you should start to see the inches shrink soon, give it 4 weeks, you should notice something............
    good luck!
  • tyandow2
    tyandow2 Posts: 8
    Options
    I am not sure what you are eating. But watch out for processed foods (they are loaded with sodium). So lower your sodium all together. On the food diary click the report button on the bottom and that will give you the whole nutritional value of your food. Try to keep your sodium under 2000mg a day or better. You could be retaining fluid. Also drink plenty of water - at least 8 glasses a day - more if you are doing a hard workout.

I would also up your protein - don't be afraid to go above the protein number.

Good luck!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong at all! I lost 3 lbs my first week but nothing since (I've been here 3 weeks). BUT try measureing yourself, I have found that I have lost a SERIOUS number of inches, especially in my waist and hips! Stick with it, I am :bigsmile: