Hello! Here's my revelation:)

Options
I have poked around on this forum quite a bit lately. I have learned a few things and am ready to truly begin. First, I recently turned 35. I have two beautiful children and a great husband. I knew that I needed to make some changes in order to be a better role model. I also want to do everything I can to increase my lifespan!
So, 5 weeks ago I quit smoking. 3 weeks ago I started The New Rules of Strength Training for Women. Tonight I do week 1 day 3 of C25K. At first, I began this journey with weightloss in mind. Eating 1200 calories, ect..
Now, I have decided to eat balanced meals and exercise. That's it!

I have lost no weight, but I have lost 6 inches. It feels great. But for the first time, I am doing this for health reasons, for my kids. Not for bathing suits or wedding dressses. In a way, I think that makes it easier. There is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with doing it for those reasons:) My reasons are just different now!

So, if anyone wants to be supportive and be supported, hit me up!

edited because I was missing words!

Replies

• clouxles
    clouxles Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    bathing suits and wedding dresses are too short term...

Longevity?

Now you're talking! I agree....:glasses:
  • gritsinct
    gritsinct Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great outlook! I'm doing it for the same reasons this time - I want to be healthy and active and feel good. The rest is just a bonus. :-)
  • kerrid72
    kerrid72 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm at the same point but it took me to age 40. :smile: I could use the support of others too and would love to help support someone else in the same journey. I'm a single mom of 2 beautiful girls and am to the point that I know I need to be healthy myself in addition to setting a good example for my daughters. Here's to a healthy, strong future for us all!
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • amysales
    amysales Posts: 6
    Options
    Quality of life and being kind to your body are priceless. I 100% support you. Make yourself #1 on your to do list each day. Everyone around you will benefit. On the hard days, remember that you are not alone on this journey to being the best you that you can be. If it were easy, everyone would be doing it. Stay strong! Friend me if you'd like.Amy Sales