working out for 7 months with no weight lose to show

Options
Hello out there, I am a bit discouraged because I joined a gym 7 months ago and have not lost one single pound and don't know what is wrong. I work out 5 days a week with cardio 3 times a week and weight training 2 times a week. My workouts include spinning, elliptical and recumbent bike with 2 classes of sculpting. I am a 45 year old female who had 5 children and a hysterectomy 1 year ago. I have lost several inches which is better than the weight I know but I am getting so discouraged and don't know what to do. Does anyone have any ideas for me? I change my workouts so that I am not always doing the same routine. My cousin who lost over 100 pounds told me I am not eating enough but am finding it hard to know exactly how many carbs and protein I really need. I think 100 grams of protein is high. I tried to do what she said and eat 100-120 grams of protein a day and 80-120 grams of carbs a day but it didn't seem to be working. I used to be able to shed 10 pounds quickly BEFORE the gym workouts and now can't seem to drop any. If anyone has been struggling with the same thing or has been where I am and has broken their cycle please let me know. I appreciate any help I can get. Thank you

Replies

• beccastarr
    beccastarr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What kind of diet do you follow?
  • jeccawest
    jeccawest Posts: 54
    Options
    Well it sounds like you are really working out! You are probably gaining more muscle and losing the fact (hint the inches but no loss in number.) Make sure you are drinking plenty o water because it sounds like you are really burning calories! Also I would go for a physical with your doctor and fount out what your body fat percentage is. If it is low that just means you've got some serious muscle hanging out! I wouldn't sweat it too much (no pun intended.) Just keep in mind that your body will always have a little bit of fat for extra energy when it needs it and that muscle doesn't necessarily weight more than fat. Becaue both are 3500 calories. It is more compact. Think of fat as a pound of feathers and muscle as a poind of rock. Keep up the good work though and don't get discouraged!
  • ladyjhud5604
    Options
    Don't be discouraged. It may have been for 7months but you have come too far to give up now. Think about this, what if you give up and then all of a sudden the weight begins to fall of but now you can't work out anymore because of a health condition? This is only to encourage you and keep you going because we all need a support group to push us past what we think our ability is. Again, you have come too far to turn back now, so don't look at the weight that you haven't lost, look at your body and see how you are doing it a favor by keeping it healthy and strong. Be encouraged..