Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What to do for that saggy belly fat ?

leblancb
leblancb Posts: 47
edited September 18 in Motivation and Support
I am doing well with the eating and calorie counting. I have a bad knee and my workouts are walking only.
How can I help my saggy bellie fat now that I am loosing weight?

Replies

• leblancb
    leblancb Posts: 47
    I am doing well with the eating and calorie counting. I have a bad knee and my workouts are walking only.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    If it is fat you can only cardio it away. If it is excess skin there isn't anything you can do... it will spring back a bit over time but it may never be completely smooth. I feel your pain though, I'm getting it in my arms... I don't know if you'd be interested but once you reach your goal, if it is still an issue you can have it surgically removed.... I myself am not really up for that.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    This is one area where eating the RIGHT food is somewhat helpful. Skin loses some elasticity over time, so when we stretch out an area, it might not ever snap all the way back, but having the right vitamins and minerals can help keep skin healthy and more elastic. Remember not to count just how much you eat, but also what you eat. Strength training can help as well. Building up muscles can help fill out some of the skin not only in the area in quesiton but also by helping to "pull" some of the skin tighter in other areas as well (limited, but possible).

Lose skin is a common problem after large weight loss. Most doctors will recommend giving it at least a year for your skin to tighten up, if after a year, there is still substantial extra skin, your doctor might recommend specific treatments or refer you to a plastic surgeon to remove some skin.
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member

I hear ya! After having 10 and 11 pound babies, I have THAT belly! And I know that it will never be smooth again. BUT, I bought Vaseline Cocoa Butter lotion and rub it on morning and night and have noticed it to be smoother by touch. Hopefully with more weight loss and muscle gain, it won't look so bad when I'm at goal size. But I think inevitably there is no way to get rid of it without a tummy tuck. (for me)
    p.s. I have a bad knee also (torn acl & miniscus... know how you feel)

Some Pilates moves are easier to do and really get to your "core". Might want to try something like that!
This discussion has been closed.