Why do my feet hurt when exercising?

I've noticed a lot of times when I am doing an aerobics class or some sort (Normally I do them 3 to 4 times a week) that my feet will be hurting within the first 10 minutes of our 60 minute session. I have no idea why it is happening either and I'm not sure what to do to help it stop or go away so I can finish out my session strongly. Any ideas, suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Replies

• kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    How old are your shoes? one can only do high impact workouts in the same shoes for so long before they start to break down. If the shoes are not very old perhaps a different type of shoe is in order?
  • hncall01
    hncall01 Posts: 152 Member
    My shoes aren't old at all. I have two pairs that I wear. One pair I just got in February, Adidas Clima Cools and the other pair are Asics running shoes that are approximately 5 months old.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    I'd be inclined to say your shoes aren't supportive enough for your workout. Do you have high arches or low arches? Something with better support for your feet might be the answer. Not all athletic shoes are created equally (as in they're not all made to fit YOU specifically). I'd consider getting a different pair, or returning/exchanging ones you just bought recently.
  • Zsquared
    Zsquared Posts: 54
    I have Plantar Fasciitis that causes foot pain when I do high intensity workouts (running,Zumba) certain types of sneakers, with inserts work to help it, but it never really goes away. I hope that's not your issue, but if it is there are way to help it...rolling a golf ball under your foot, or freezing a water bottle and rolling that. Cortisone shots are said to help too but I haven't tried that...
  • HulkDiesel77
    HulkDiesel77 Posts: 219 Member
    Depeding on what you are doing it could be a small hairline fracture in your foot. This happens a lot more than you think. There is nothing you can do about it but try to concentrate on lower impact for a few weeks and it should get better :)