how often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I am wondering how often do you weigh yourself? I have been doing it once a week. is this too often or just about right?

Replies

• chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    That's how often I weigh myself. I used to weigh myself every day but it got to be a bit frustrating. Then the batteries on my scale died and I didn't replace them for a month.... I found that not obsessing helped :) haha! Once a week, at the same time, under the same circumstances (nekkid vs un-nekkid) and you'll have an accurate guage.
  • chescafairy
    Options
    I try to stick to just once a week but that darn cute Wii Fit Board gets all sad if you don't do a daily body test (essentially a weigh-in)...I find when I weigh myself every day I get a little disheartened as the weight does fluctuate daily so once a week is definitely better in my opinion....or every 4 days as I usually can't wait that long!
  • madmickie
    madmickie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I dont see the problem with this as long as you understand there will be day-to-day flucuations
  • gailanncan
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning.
  • roslynds9
    roslynds9 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I try to stick to just once a week but that darn cute Wii Fit Board gets all sad if you don't do a daily body test (essentially a weigh-in)...I find when I weigh myself every day I get a little disheartened as the weight does fluctuate daily so once a week is definitely better in my opinion....or every 4 days as I usually can't wait that long!

The little Wii Fit board is very cute and kind of persuasive lol ;)

I weigh myself every day but I know that my weight will fluctuate and I don't worry about it. I only log my weight when it drops lower than it's been before. For most people I would recommend once a week. =)
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Every morning.
  • Debensch
    Debensch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. That way I don't get too far off track if/when I overindulge.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    The scale is my friend. I hop on that thing like a surfer hops on their surfboard. We ride the waves toward smaller numbers together, enjoying the warm summer breeze~
  • 987Runner
    987Runner Posts: 209
    Options
    A few times a week. But I only log it on here if I have actually lost a pound. I'm attempting to lose 1/2 lb a week so it's slow going. If I start to get frustrated, then I take a break from it.
  • crazydv
    crazydv Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Every morning but I log my weight on MFP on tuesdays
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    The scale is my friend. I hop on that thing like a surfer hops on their surfboard. We ride the waves toward smaller numbers together, enjoying the warm summer breeze~

LOVE that ANSWER!!!
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    To answer the question I weigh myself every morning
  • skatters
    skatters Posts: 48
    Options
    I am only weighing in once a month. In previous attempts I would obsess about the scale, and let it dictate how my day was going to go. Nope, I am not doing that anymore.

I have a lot of weight to lose, so I am confident that if I am doing all the right things, the weight will come off. I want to focus on exercise. Measurements. Getting all my fruits and veggies in. Different goals than just weight.
  • Shadowcasting
    Shadowcasting Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Every morning, right after peeing (TMI??). That way I know its at the same time of day, same clothes (essentially....not many :p), and under the same conditions (just woke up, haven't eaten/drank anything). Yes, its the "lightest" time of the day, but that's okay by me :)
  • imprezzadude
    Options
    Every morning before coffee that seems to be the best baseline for me.
  • xonikitashafferxo
    xonikitashafferxo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    every morning before my coffee
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    once every two weeks.

edit: in the morning after having gone to the bathroom and before breakfast
  • utvolsfan74
    utvolsfan74 Posts: 105
    Options
    I try to weigh once a week and do my measurements about every other week :):happy: :happy:
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I know I shouldn't but I do it daily. ALTHOUGH, I only really seriously pay attention to what the scale says about once a week if that makes any sense at all. LoL
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Every morning, right after peeing (TMI??). That way I know its at the same time of day, same clothes (essentially....not many :p), and under the same conditions (just woke up, haven't eaten/drank anything). Yes, its the "lightest" time of the day, but that's okay by me :)

ditto