Hi

Options
Maybe i did this wrong in this first email i sent Good Afternoon). I was asking for any thoughts on losing the tummy. and i received not one reply ... im sorry i do need some people behind me on my journey.. i guess i was a lil upset because i posted as a new person and then people that posted after me recived good luck and some very nice advice.. please let me know what i may of done wrong??

Good luck to all..
Thank you

Replies

• annerssju
    annerssju Posts: 111
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I am struggling with the tummy as well, had a baby in April and still look about 4 mos. pregnant! I'm trying to walk and do sit-ups and have been noticing a slow but steady improvement. Drink lots of water and try to avoid carbs at night. GOOD LUCK!
  • jigs
    jigs Posts: 70
    Options
    Hi, Welcome to MFP the best place to be to track what you eat!

I don't think you did anything wrong. I didn't see your other post.

I looked at your profile and see you're about my age. Congrats on raising three kids and quitting smoking. Now, you're looking to improve your health more with healthy eating! Yeah!

The Motivation and Support threads are a great place to meet people to help keep you motivated.
  • fitzio1015
    fitzio1015 Posts: 168
    Options
    I also have the same problem of looking like i am pregnant:embarassed: just eat right exercise and it will show in the long run. Just remember it doesn't happen overnight. Good luck to you, Everyone on this sight is extremly helpful. So rest asured we are all in this together,
  • Hermit4Hire
    Hermit4Hire Posts: 197
    Options
    Welcome sinner. I don't think it's possible to "spot reduce" if that's what you're asking. Your stomach density will improve when you lose overall weight, and you can strenghten the muscles under any fat by working core exercises.

Do you belong to a gym? or are you stuck with home equipment? There are several threads that you can spy on which will give you an idea of how people exercise every day, either at a gym or using at home DVDs, etc..

Ultimately, if you follow the plan here, honestly track your calories and exercise, eat your exercise calories, you will find you can lose the weight and the stomach will follow.

Good luck.
  • pange
    pange Posts: 82
    Options
    Hi! Welcome!! :flowerforyou: My midsection is my worst area. The only thing I can think to do is just lots of cardio with strength training mixed in there. Unfortunately, it seems like the tummy fat is the last fat to go. :grumble:
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome. not every post comes up on the homepage so its quit possible no one saw it.

as for the tummy: its impossible to spot reduce. you can only do cardio but you can't designate where the fat will come off from. the newest fat is the first to go while the oldest fat is the most stubborn so the stomach is usually one of the last parts to lose fat.

good luck on your journey:flowerforyou:
  • kellibe
    kellibe Posts: 11
    Options
    hello and welcome
    i have been taking the exercise ball, lay on your back and wrap the ball around your calves/ feet area have your arms straight above your head
    then lift with your legs up toward your tummy and at the same time bringing your arms to the ball you take the ball with your hands and bring down over your head lowing legs , ball will be above your head, then take it and go forward and put into the legs,and then vise versa
    do as many reps as you can...
    don't know if that makes sense....
    if someone can explain this better...
    it is really tonning my tummy
    also, another is just to take it around your calves / feel area and lift toward tummy, abonimal crunch..
    you can also lay on the ball and do push ups, it all works the core...
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is awesome. You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: