Can my husband / friend access my recipe???

Options
colleenob1
colleenob1 Posts: 22 Member
Is there any way that my husband or friends can access my recipes? Seems redundant for us to have to enter our recipe in twice or more. Any tips or suggestions would be great. Thanks

Replies

• paulieboy113
    paulieboy113 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering the same thing. *BUMP*
  • 3rdxacharm
    3rdxacharm Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Great question.
  • mollyjackson82
    Options
    I haven't found a way. Maybe take the nutritional info you get and add it as a food to the database and then they can add it that way?
  • hilarysgiants
    hilarysgiants Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I think when you add new foods/meals, you can make them public. There is an option to click that will share with all of MFP. Then you can give it a unique name so your friend and hubby know what to look for when adding the recipe.
  • AMIS456
    AMIS456 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I think when you add new foods/meals, you can make them public. There is an option to click that will share with all of MFP. Then you can give it a unique name so your friend and hubby know what to look for when adding the recipe.

This - when you add a recipe it asks if you want to make it public. Do this and tell them what you named it.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Currently, not possible.

iPhone app users can go to your diary and copy the nutritional info to their own diary, but for the rest of us

Third post in this thread is Mike from MFP

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/443823-hey-myfitnesspal-here-s-what-i-want

We're definitely planning on adding the ability to share foods/meals/recipes with just friends. Stay tuned!

Note this too when you select "yes" to share recipes with MFP

We are currently accepting submissions to the MyFitnessPal recipe database. Once we receive enough submissions, we'll create a recipe section where users can browse recipes submitted by other members. Until then, you can To submit your recipe to the database, please provide the following additional information.

In the meantime you can indeed create the recipe on one account, then using the nutritional info create a new food item that you share with the database. That new food can be logged by your friends / family.
  • colleenob1
    colleenob1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input...I tried creating a recipe for the database & uniquely labelled, but it did not work. Perhaps I will try again. :)
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It won't. Currently. Recipes are NOT being shared as mentioned above... they are still "collecting" recipes.

You need to make the recipe once on one account, then use the nutritional info from that to create a new food that you share with the database, label THAT uniquely and they can add the new food. Which is out of date as soon as you modify the recipe in any way, but it's what we have to work with currently