I LOVE food!!

Options
There have been so many topics about people whining about having to eat back their exercise calories!! Ugh if you don't want to then don't! But I for one LOVE food and am excited when I burn over 500 calories because that's like a whole other meal I get to eat!! I am still losing weight people!! And I try really hard to make sure I'm netting at least 1200 calories. If that means I end up eating 2000 calories a day then I do!! Anyone else get excited when they get to eat MORE food?!?

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I do too. It's why I got fat.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options

This. I kind of wish I struggled to eat back every calorie I burned. I can burn through a few hundred cals without even blinking. And then I blink and go back to eating.
  • spazwgeo
    spazwgeo Posts: 70 Member
    Options

This. I kind of wish I struggled to eat back every calorie I burned. I can burn through a few hundred cals without even blinking. And then I blink and go back to eating.

So can I! That's why when I go shopping I use every once of will power I have to stay away from the foods that got me fat!! If I buy them, I will eat them!!
  • fluecok
    fluecok Posts: 52
    Options
    now when i shop for food
    i go around the perimeter of the store

veggies, fruits, meats
    dairy
    somtimes the frizen food section
    and out i go

everything in between, all the isles i try to consider un neccessary
    and try my best to avoid lol
    (for the most part)

and trust me, its hard when u are an emotional eater like me!
  • spazwgeo
    spazwgeo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    now when i shop for food

veggies, fruits, meats
    dairy
    and out i go

(for the most part)

I also try to do this!! It's sometimes hard though when you have a 10 and 7 year old! Sometimes it's cheaper to buy their meals in middle isles!! Everything that's good for you cost so much! Ha I think it helps you enjoy it more if you have to spend more I guess! :)
  • monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    now when i shop for food

veggies, fruits, meats
    dairy
    and out i go

(for the most part)

You can't do this in England in my store, you'll end up buying Fruit (which is fine), milk / milkshakes / butter / Fresh meats (which is fine) Fresh Bakery / Crisps / alcohol / chocolate! This is why I love the aisles!!!!
  • Karalopolous
    Options

Amen! I do that all the time!!
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have NO problem eating back calories! Actually, I find it funny when people have a hard time consuming their daily allotment of calories, because for me, I LOOOOVE food and have zero difficulty eating my daily allotment of calories. :)
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    work out to eat out. a mantra to live by.

don't wanna go to the gym for 30 minutes? ok. but you won't get that extra 400-plus calories for a late-night snack.
  • tigerlily132
    Options
    I love burning calories too but not as much as I like eating them. I'll admit, I party so when I know I'm gnna go to a bar I make sure I burn enough for a couple of drinks
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    The main reason I workout is that it allows me to eat more. I love food, I love cream and butter and cheese and meat and cake and ice cream and wine. *swoon*
  • fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    The main reason I workout is that it allows me to eat more. I love food, I love cream and butter and cheese and meat and cake and ice cream and wine. *swoon*

This for me, too.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I spend all day thinking about what I get to eat next... Food is so awesome!
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    I also love to be able to eat back my exercise cals. If I eat at my calorie goal, I'm still losing weight. There is still a deficit there. So when I exercise, and eat back those cals, I'm still at a deficit. My cal goal is not for maintenence! I'm with ya sister!!
  • coffeegirl1998
    coffeegirl1998 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I thought I was being bad with the mantra of "working out to get more food"...but I see that I am not alone. :laugh:
  • mskari77
    mskari77 Posts: 142
    Options
    I think most people's misconception of "eating back calories" is they assume you hit the gym, burn 500 calories, and then go home and eat a 500 calorie cheeseburger, essentially canceling out the workout. What I consider "eating back my calories", is simply adjusting my daily caloric intake based on what I am training that day.
    For example, on leg day I burn give or take 1000+ calories, so my starting point for calories in is higher than say back day where I tend to only burn 500 calories during my whole workout. If I were to start my daily calories at 1400, then do legs and cardio and burn off 1000 of those calories, I would starve to death. So on leg day I start my daily calories closer to 2200-2400, burn off the 1000 ish, and still end my day consuming close to 1400 calories for the day. Leg day is my favorite day because I get to eat heartier.....cus I too LOVE food! :)