Medi Weight Loss with MFP

Options
Has anyone done the Medi Weight Loss Clinic progam and used MFP to help with it? Any tips or suggestions?

Replies

• skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Is that Medi fast?
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Is that Medi fast?

i think so
  • vemaddox
    vemaddox Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    no its different from Medi Fast...Medi fast has alot of powder things that you mix with water. With the medi weight loss the first week you eat lean meats and eggs
  • vemaddox
    Options
    bump
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing if it's super restrictive and a quick fix people here aren't going to be fans....
  • vemaddox
    Options
    its actually not a quick fix...yes the first week is restrictive because you are trying to detox and getting your body ready...however after that food its added in little by little and you learn portions, whats ok, good and best for you to eat. its also doctor supervised
  • kaykay1070
    Options
    I did, had great success but eventually the cost caught up with me I couldn't complete.. I lost 30+ lbs in a short time and was short of my goal by10 or so when I just couldn't afford it any more. Unfortunately, without finishing to that maintance phase and lack or support at home (which is why I did it, the family doesnt need any weightlose help) I gained every bit of it back. I've tried to do it 2 more time but without the support at home and $$ it just wasnt going to work. I may try it again with a start day of May 1st. Hoping to get a medical note to charge it to my FSA card...

Good luck if you try it,

Kay:happy:
  • now_or_never2012
    Options
    its actually not a quick fix...yes the first week is restrictive because you are trying to detox and getting your body ready...however after that food its added in little by little and you learn portions, whats ok, good and best for you to eat. its also doctor supervised

You don't need to detox. Your body does a wonderful job of that itself. The only benefit you get from detoxing is that your mind THINKS it's doing something.

I have looked into it before. It's another fad diet and I wouldn't do it.
  • vemaddox
    Options
    Thanks Kay...luckily i do have hubby to support me. I know you can do it too. I like it so far cause its reteaching me what i lost....i ate junk for the longest time and didnt care about portions or anything...its kinda nice to have to force myself to do it again
  • krehm0721
    Options
    Yes I have heard of it and although it is doctor supervised it is expensive. I work with patients who have the bypass done and let's just say you are fr better off adjusting in your own realm. I say this because if you change your diet to lose the wieght you must stay with that diet for the rest of your life. Example Atkins diet works the problem is people do go back to their ways even portion controlled the wieght does come back. Best most successful people are people who watch what they eat, how much they eat (don't call it dieting) and exercise and you will be far more successful and keep it off. See you can cheat once in awhile it gives your body a wake up and burns calories. I hope this has helped you
  • ironmom77
    ironmom77 Posts: 45
    Options
    I did the Medi Weight Loss program and lost 23 lbs, and I have been able to keep it off. The price got to be too much, so I have been taking care of the last 10 lbs on my own. The first week is hard, but after that, you learn what to eat, what not to eat, and it gets easier. I can always find things to eat at restaurants, and even when cooking for my family because I have learned the proper things to eat and the proper portions. I still enjoy the occasional Oreo or bag of Doritos, but these are treats and not things I eat regularly.
  • doctorsoandso2
    doctorsoandso2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Medi program right now, along with my brother and mother. I think the key is to take old things you used to eat, and make them healthy. That way you learn how to change your lifestyle. There is no "going back" to my old eating habits. Pizza, pasta, doughnuts, white rice, cheesecake and fried foods are what got me here in the first place. Instead, I alter old recipes (Kelp noodles instead of wheat pasta, cauliflower instead of potatoes, etc) and cooking methods (Oven "fried" baked carrots or sweet potatoes in a healthier oil, instead of french fries).

Above all, Medi is teaching me the power of potion control and mindful eating. Before Medi, I would just stuff myself to fullness with whatever was convenient and comforting. Now, i am very conscientiousness of what i eat, how much, if i am really hungry, or maybe just thirsty, tired, or emotional. All of this can be achieved/learned without the use of Medi's expensive program, but for me it was the catalyst for some much needed personal growth. I recommend it for anyone actively seeking a jump-start to living a totally new lifestyle.

It's not some dangerous low-carb, very low calorie crash diet. It's like you hit the reset button under doctor supervision and learn to build a healthy lifestyle with the help of the counselors (My counselor on call during all reasonable hours on her cell phone. I can even text her questions about risky foods or just for motivation.)

Because the program starts you out with one of the most extensive group of blood work test i have ever had done, i think its worth it to anyone who is worried they might have a metabolic problem. I'm not sure if the blood work is a part Medi Weight Loss Clinic policy, or just the one I go to, but if i were you i would request the blood work. If your weight gain is caused by a thyroid problem, vitamin D deficiency, or other common imbalance, chanced are that Medi will find it.

Also, Medi is cheaper than my general practitioner, and because i am obese, i cant get health insurance to pay $1000 for blood work and much more for weekly consultations, vitamin supplements, weekly B12, Methionine, Inositol, Cholin, Chromium shots and a weekly B1, B6 shota. (I wish i had started a HSA before doing this program. I think i read that someone on MFP is planning to go back to Medi using that money. What a great use of tax deductible health dollars!

All in all, Medi is a very complete program (the best i have seen), and gives you a huge bang for your buck. I recommend calling the clinic and visiting for an introduction before committing to the program. While it is expensive, nothing is more valuable than the vitality you stand to gain. It's the best birthday gift i have ever gotten myself.
  • MinPinLinz
    Options
    I started this program almost three weeks ago and am very happy. I need accountability and they really look through my food journal carefully. I just started using MFP to log my food but wish there was a way to customize the macronutrients by grams instead of percentages. Does anyone have any tricks or tips to offer?
  • robertwhuss
    robertwhuss Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Has anyone used MyFitnessPal with Medi Weightloss? We signed up this week and would love to use it with MyFitnessPal. What settings do you need to change? Anything?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,117 Member
    Options
    Has anyone used MyFitnessPal with Medi Weightloss? We signed up this week and would love to use it with MyFitnessPal. What settings do you need to change? Anything?

Robert, this thread is 8 years old...

You can just log the food as you eat it, no need to change any settings if you are using a set meal plan with Medi.