has any one ever...

Options
had laser surgery for stretch mark removal?...the price isnt bad and i was debating on possibly doing it after i lose weight if i like the look of my skin if it stretches back into place (which hopefully it does) i know i gained 55lbs with my first son and ended up the same weight with my second son, but i'm only 23 and if i lose the weight right im just hoping it works out lol but anyway back to the question...has anyone had the surgery done before? and if so did u like the results?

Replies

• belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I am interested in this surgery too. Unfortunately for me, the surgery currently only works on new stretch marks (the reddish-purple ones) not the old ones (faded white silvery color) Sigh. That is my understanding anyway. Have you heard anything different?
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    I was reading a few sites that discussed it and they say the silverish ones usually take anywhere from 2-8surgeries and they might not make them totally disappear but the stretch marks are hard to see.. but it also depends on the severity of the stretch marks and what not...they say to get a better answer to the questions is to go see a pyschian
  • Kendra7107
    Kendra7107 Posts: 122
    Options
    Hello!
    I have never had this surgery so I cannot speak from my own experience. However, a very close friend had this done after she dropped about 70 pounds a few years back and she looks fantastic. It was a breeze for her and caused her no problems. She is young, 35 with no other health issues. The difference in her stomach is just amazing.
  • hamak13
    hamak13 Posts: 11
    Options
    Good to know... I have never heard about this, and it sounds like it's worth a try. Not so invasive like surgery? Is it just superficial, or does it require cutting?
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    Good to know... I have never heard about this, and it sounds like it's worth a try. Not so invasive like surgery? Is it just superficial, or does it require cutting?
    depends on what way u decide to go but i like the sound of the laser removal they just beam a laser light over the marks it takes anywhere from 15mins to an hour a session and they say it just feels like little pinches or light needles...
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I want to look into this too. It will be my reward after I get to my goal weight. :flowerforyou: