Weekends/Days Off = Bad Choices...

Options
2»

Replies

• Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! But Sundays I allow myself to have a cheat day, I still eat a good breakfast but lunch and dinner are usually not the best, but it makes it a lot easier for me to continue to loss if I can still eat the good stuff (pizza fried chick ect...) on Sundays when Im out with my family.
  • Murphy15
    Murphy15 Posts: 142
    Options
    I do that too! It's so frustrating.
  • AMIS456
    AMIS456 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You said you are doing the c25k - I did this program too and I am now training for a half! What I do is I make Sat or Sunday my long run day so that I A. Get extra calories on one of my weekend days and B. This helps make me keep on track the other day because I know that if I eat terribly before I run I will have a crappy run. Reguardless of what workout you do try making one of the weekend days your big push day and give yourself an extra rest day during the week.
  • asamuels85
    asamuels85 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    sure you are not alone!! one friend told me she pre-plans her weekend meals. I am going to start this and changing weigh in days to wednesday so i don't get so discouraged by the eating habits that were actually me just having a social life. starting out the week with guilt made me feel emotionally unfit on top of bloated and slow.. best wishes in the weekend warriors dept.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Saturday is always a day that I eat whatever I want. It's just part of my routine.

I used to be the type to eat all day long when I was at home with nothing to do.

Two things that helped me get over that:

1. I don't keep "bad" foods at home. The only foods I have in my house that don't have to be cooked prior to eating are fruits, vegetables, and yogurt. I'm not likely to binge on any of those.

2. I don't stay at home all day. I'm kind of a morning person, so I get up early on weekends and days off, and I go out and do things that will keep my mind off food. I know it's hard because food is everywhere. I can't even go to Barnes & Noble and get a cup of coffee without them offering me a 500-calorie muffin or a cookie the size of my head. You just have to say no thanks and get the heck out of Dodge.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    you should be planning ahead of time
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    1. I don't keep "bad" foods at home. The only foods I have in my house that don't have to be cooked prior to eating are fruits, vegetables, and yogurt. I'm not likely to binge on any of those.

I recently got rid of all of the bad foods I had hanging around. I found that its really a big issue for me to have them in the house. Unfortunately my pregnant wife craves sweets and will get things at the grocery store and eat it in front of me. It drives me nuts. I don't blame her...but it sucks.
    2. I don't stay at home all day. I'm kind of a morning person, so I get up early on weekends and days off, and I go out and do things that will keep my mind off food. I know it's hard because food is everywhere. I can't even go to Barnes & Noble and get a cup of coffee without them offering me a 500-calorie muffin or a cookie the size of my head. You just have to say no thanks and get the heck out of Dodge.

This is kind of the other issue for me though. I am never at home on the weekends/days off. I'm always out doing something and then I end up having to eat cheap and fast...
    you should be planning ahead of time

I don't spend my days off at home usually. Tough to plan exactly where I'll be when I really don't know.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Can I just say... you just have to decide not to make bad choices.

I know... it sounds way too simple but it really is that simple.

Also, drink lots of water. Sometimes we get 'hungry' signals from our body when we're really just thirsty...