Very embarassing question. . .

Options
2»

Replies

• jendavis07
    Options
    I doubt you are putting on muscle in your butt. Thats just silly.
    Even if you put on actual muscle (which as we know is hard for women) it wouldnt be in just one area.
    Mostlikely you had less fat there to begin with. My 'guess' is that you had more fat around your hips and thighs like a lot of women. You lost overall fat making the muscle more obvious. Just happens to be the booty in your case.
    My advice. Get yourself an assman and keep doing what you are doing. :)

Love this advice!!
  • ElPumaMex
    ElPumaMex Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    assman_plate.jpg

:bigsmile:
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Your butt may not be bigger, it might just be firmer so you got more structure to your tush and it seems to stick out more! Plus your waist might just be getting smaller therefore making your fanny look larger. If you are firming up and eating right I wouldn't obsess..I bet you look cute! To keep yourself from going crazy though, why not start taking measurements once a month or so. Do neck, arms, bust, thights, waist, hips. That will give you and idea of what your body is doing. I remember when I got out of basic training when I was 20, I weighed 8 lbs more but my jeans were falling off of me. So embrace that healthy things you are doing and be assured you are going to look and feel better if you stick to it.
  • gaelyngaelyn
    gaelyngaelyn Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Do NOT stop doing squats and lunges girl! You are building muscle, which is going to "lift" you bum and make it firm under there (under the fat you still have to lose) WHEN the fat that you still have does come off it'll reveal a nice firm and smaller (I promise) but lifted up butt... not to mention toned, firm and slimmer thighs. It's just that what is happening right now is that it's lifting and toning up- but under neath a layer of fat you still have. Also squats and lunges are great calorie burners because they utilize some of your largest muscle groups. A nice, firm, lifted, round a*s is a GREAT THING sister. :)
  • MyrianeO
    MyrianeO Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Like the others say - keep doing what you're doing because the fat will burn eventually, your butt probably just looks bigger because you lost on your waist and thighs.. have you taken measurements?

Also, try kicking up the cardio, which will focus more on shedding away that annoying fat :) Good luck, - Oh, and 8 lbs is great, keep it up!
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Note to self: start doing squats. :happy:
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I'm going to need detailed before and after pics to give you an accurate answer.

I'm here to help, after all.

He's right. We're professionals.

Love the humor! LMAO!
  • mskari77
    mskari77 Posts: 142
    Options
    I'm going to need detailed before and after pics to give you an accurate answer.

:drinker:
  • konswela
    konswela Posts: 137 Member
    Options

hahahah. Men I tell ya..LOL too funny..
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I doubt you are putting on muscle in your butt. Thats just silly.
    Even if you put on actual muscle (which as we know is hard for women) it wouldnt be in just one area.
    Mostlikely you had less fat there to begin with. My 'guess' is that you had more fat around your hips and thighs like a lot of women. You lost overall fat making the muscle more obvious. Just happens to be the booty in your case.
    My advice. Get yourself an assman and keep doing what you are doing. :)

Love this advice!!

I know!!...the gluteous maximus (butt muscle) is only the largest muscle in our bodies! Also, you gain muscle in the areas you train - in this case...the butt
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Your butt probably looks bigger because you are doing squats and lunges. Those two exercises build a lot of muscle in your glutes. My rear has gotten bigger since I started doing them all the time....along with spin class. I'm not complaining, because I needed it!

I'm sure that eventually everything will even out. Maybe you should try some more full-body exercises in the meantime? Like burpees, jumping jacks, etc.

I agree with all of the above...what are burpees?
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    You're building the muscles in your butt, therefore it will look bigger. It will also probably be a nicer shape than before. I've also noticed that women tend to lose weight from the outside in. Your butt and your tummy will be the last places to let go. Keep up with the squats and add some cardio. When the weight finally lets go you'll be nice and toned underneath.
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I always feel like certain areas (appear to) get bigger, because the surrounding areas are getting smaller. Like...your eyes look bigger when your face gets thinner. I always feel like my hips get wider because my waist and thighs are smaller - but they're just more noticable because it's all relative. Not that you shouldn't be concerned about sodium....but no weight doesn't "shift."
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Have you measured to see if it really is bigger. Or is everything else getting smaller so that it appears bigger. For me, the bum and thighs are always the last to go.
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    1. You're muscles are getting bigger and righer so it's raising your butt -so it looks bigger
    2. You're losing weight around thighs/hips so your *kitten* is begining to stand out and look bigger.

Although I lost some of my boobs after 50lbs, my bf said they look bigger, but it's all because there is less fat above and below my boobs, so they just "appear" bigger.
  • GroupXZ
    GroupXZ Posts: 196 Member
    Options

He's right. We're professionals.

I concur.. :smokin: