NSV-Office Food

Options
English1Mac
English1Mac Posts: 30 Member
A customer came in this morning with a box of donuts for our staff to thank us for all we do for him. Of course we thanked him, but a box of sugary, fatty goodness was not what I needed to see after gorging on pizza for dinner last night. A colleague brought the box of donuts around to every desk and when she got to mine, I just took a good long smell of the box, smiled and thanked her for bringing it to me. As much as I wanted to take a donut or 10, I had a banana instead. My self-control is getting stronger (finally!). I know it isn't much, but it's a big deal to me.

Replies

• Chari_Jan
    Chari_Jan Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Good job!
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Office "treats" are THE WORST!!!! There ALWAYS seems to be some cookies/candies/cake/muffins/etc/etc/etc floating around at mine. And the holiday season was MURDER. AGH! Mostly I am good but yesterday I snuck a couple *sigh*....but I DID enter them into MFP and was pissed later because I had eaten way to much fat for the day and not enough protein. So I WON'T be doing that again any time soon.

It is my hope that eventually if enough people keep focusing on being healthy, this crap will stop coming around and people will bring in like a box of apples or something instead of fat baked with fat glazed with fat. Wouldn't that be great?!

Good work for being the bigger (metaphorically :D) person and sticking with it! And keep it up! I can totally relate and I know it's a HUGE accomplishment. One little battle at a time, we will get there!! :)
  • Trixxstar
    Trixxstar Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thats great - it will soon be natural to make those kind of decisions, for me its been about retaining my mind and I now make healthy food choices without having to think about it :smile:
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    That is AMAZING!!! Damn that free office food!! You have great will power! Keep it up! :)
  • dizsolvedgirl
    dizsolvedgirl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I had a similar situation where a vendor brought in a box of freshy baked cookies that were still WARM!
    I thanked them and then promplty walked around the floor and gave them out to my co-workers.

some day's are harder than others but your paving a road of the new you and this is a perfect milestone marker of how far you have come.

:flowerforyou:
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!

My husband is an IT Manager where I work and yesterday had a new team assigned to him. He said he was going to stop this morning and buy donuts for a staff meeting with them and I said "Really? Donuts? You know that Deb won't eat one since she does Weight Watchers, right?".

He decided to get bagels instead. Still high in calories, but a better choice :smile:
  • English1Mac
    English1Mac Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Apparently office food is a more wide-spread epidemic than I realized. I'm glad to know mine isn't the only office with CONSTANT food. Cookies, chips, cake, donuts, soda....it never ends! We work in a small office and make a big deal of birthdays, so I've already decided that my one allowance will be one piece of birthday cake. That's five pieces of cake a year :)
  • jpoulsen2
    jpoulsen2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Office food is the worst! Just like food from a family member it seems impossible to refuse without guilt and watchful eyes. Great job just saying "no"! What a big step!
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    people bringing in fattening junk to the office is so annoying.

it seems to happen at least once a week, it's always unhealthy stuff, and it has been that way pretty much everywhere i have ever worked.
  • Kaelabaela
    Options
    You have POWER! Great job....
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Yes! It's very common in the office! I have been so pleased with the amount of self control I have had! I've refused free pizza, donuts & party food just today!
    Pat yourself on the back, it's not easy in that environment!
  • hooligansmom
    hooligansmom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    fat baked with fat glazed with fat.

Wow...I love baked and glazed fat...my favorite...lol...never pass it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!