i just do not get it

One night my husband was out. This friend of ours started in on how I was getting up at 4:50am to go workout. Thats just stupid and who in there right mind would do that. So.. well another one of our friends said great for her. And that she started to do it too. And loved it. I JUST DONT GET IT WHY DOES IT BUG HER SO MUCH. I HAVE NOT SAID ANYTHING to HER ABOUT MY WORKOUTS.

Replies

• alliebaba27
    alliebaba27 Posts: 4 Member
    I think people who are scared to change, attack those who are in the process of changing. And people who take responsibility for their lives scare the heck out of people who would rather be victims.

You are a person who has decided to change. You are a person who is taking responsibility for her body.

Clearly, your friend is not one of those people.

I'd be willing to bet that your choices intimidate her. Make her feel guilty. I bet that when she looks at you and sees the choices you are making, she can't stop hearing that voice in her head telling her that she should be doing what you're doing.

I don't think it's jealousy; I think it's the knowledge that you are doing something good and she isn't. People always get vicious and defensive when they are in the presence of something good and they themselves are not good.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    One night my husband was out. This friend of ours started in on how I was getting up at 4:50am to go workout. Thats just stupid and who in there right mind would do that. So.. well another one of our friends said great for her. And that she started to do it too. And loved it. I JUST DONT GET IT WHY DOES IT BUG HER SO MUCH. I HAVE NOT SAID ANYTHING to HER ABOUT MY WORKOUTS.

Because she feels guilty for not doing it too.
  • Spinelli2288
    Spinelli2288 Posts: 188 Member
    That person is jealous of your determination. :happy: Also, there are just some people who can't stand to see others do well or be happy.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Lol, not only does it bother her so much, but why does her being bothered about something stupid bother YOU so much? She is obviously a BULLY and not worth being bothered over. Keep it up and ignore that *****!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    That person is jealous of your determination. :happy: Also, there are just some people who can't stand to see others do well or be happy.

This. Jealousy and feelings of guiltiness. I have a friend that always makes comments about the same exact thing, I get up at 4:30 to workout and I eat really clean *most* of the time. She is unhappy with her weight and has tried everything from phenterimine, hcg, atkins so and so on. I've tried explaining to her numerous times, of course only when she asks but she can't seem to buckle down and do it the 'right way' instead of the fast, gimmicky way. I have lost 101 lbs through good ol fashioned diet and exercise. She tells me all the time she thinks I over do it but yet who has the results?
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Honestly, I'd rather not work out if my only option was to get up at 4:50 every day. Maybe that's how she feels. That said, it's a personal opinion, and she was rude for bringing it up and expressing her disapproval. She's probably just jealous that she can't make herself do something like that.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Haters gonna hate.
  • HeealthyMee
    HeealthyMee Posts: 62 Member
    She is a jealous B, that's why. I admire you for being able to get up that early and wish I could do the same! Mentally I'm there, but my body decides otherwise in the morning. :)

Don't let her words discourage you - that is exactly what people like that want. You are keeping yourself healthy and in shape. Good job!