anyone wanna help lol

Options
Been going to the gym the past two weeks and have only lost 2lbs in week one.. I am on day 5 on Activtrax strength training at my local gym.. I don't see to many women lifting weights and I need motivation, i do find it from men when i see them lifting but i feel so out of place.. I need to know what else can i do besides what im doing now.. Does anyone have any advice?

THis is what im doing now: Bench press- 65 3sets 15 reps
Seated pullover 90 3 set 15 reps
bent over rear teltoid 10 3sets 15 reps
seated leg press 420 3sets 25 reps
wide stance leg press 210 2 sets 15 reps
wide grip pulldown 40 3set 15reps
sit down row 70 3set 15 reps
abs
walking 30minutes
elliptical 20 minutes

I weigh 350lbs i was 400lbs on March 2011 I have lost 50lbs and 30inches on my own .. I just need motivation and maybe some pointers to as what i can do , so i can start seeing better results

Replies

• dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Sounds great actually, although you didn't mention how often you do the listed exercises. I'm not sure what "Activtrax" is. What sort of exercise did you do to lose the 50lbs? I wouldn't be discouraged "only" losing 2lbs in week one. You have already changed your body so much, and it seems as though you have now changed up your routine. Give yourself some time to get accustomed to it, keep with it, and your results will increase! Don't feel out of place, just work on YOU and make the guys jealous when you out-lift them! :happy:
  • Motivation4KB
    Motivation4KB Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Sounds great actually, although you didn't mention how often you do the listed exercises. I'm not sure what "Activtrax" is. What sort of exercise did you do to lose the 50lbs? I wouldn't be discouraged "only" losing 2lbs in week one. You have already changed your body so much, and it seems as though you have now changed up your routine. Give yourself some time to get accustomed to it, keep with it, and your results will increase! Don't feel out of place, just work on YOU and make the guys jealous when you out-lift them! :happy:

Well she had me on a 3 day program but I do it everyday...Activtrax is a exercise program that prints our ur workout for you and tells you what to do step by step, its kinda like MFP except its giving you the exercise to do. When i lost the 50lbs i was doing 3 hrs of walking, counting calories and tae-bo ..I just now started the weight lifting.. but I feel like im not doing them right.
  • casslynn298
    Options
    I am starting ActiveTrax as well. When I first signed up he told me that is was not good to do it every day. That it's important to let your muscles recover for a day.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It sounds like you are doing a great job. Keep in mind when you start weight training, you will hold water weight to repair muscles. The only thing I would suggest lift heavier so you fail at 8-12 reps.

Also, what the above poster said, you shouldn't lift the same groups every day. now if you did back and biceps one day and then shoulders and chest the next day.
  • Motivation4KB
    Options
    On Activtrax you do different groups each day..and with the water gain im already on a water pill with my HBP..
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    On Activtrax you do different groups each day..and with the water gain im already on a water pill with my HBP..

Even on a pill, your body's process of repairing muscle mass will include additional water weight. It's a natural cycle. BTW, 2 lbs in one week is very good.
  • dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You definitely shouldn't do all the weight program every day. Your muscles need time to repair. You will have difficulty improving, or injure yourself, if you do this program daily. Stick to the 3 day program she gave you for weights. The other days, do cardio or try a class if any interest you. Did you review your calorie intake with the trainer? You should increase your protein now that you are doing weights, and you may need to increase your calories as well. Congrats on your success so far!
  • Motivation4KB
    Options
    Protein as been increased , water intake as been increased as well.. I guess i need to get my cardio back in my routine..