Good Yoga DVDs

I want to start doing Yoga at home and am looking for some good Yoga DVDs. Anyone have any suggestions. I am at beginners level.

Replies

• Mariposa
    Mariposa Posts: 15 Member
    I want to start doing Yoga at home and am looking for some good Yoga DVDs. Anyone have any suggestions. I am at beginners level.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Rodney Yee's videos are my favorites. Beginner yoga DVDs will be labled as beginner. When they say intermediate, they MEAN it. The learning curve is steep is yoga, so start slow.

Rodney Yee has one called "yoga for flexibility" and one called "yoga for strength" that I use all of the time. You might also want to check the library, to try a few out before you make a commitment to buying one.:flowerforyou:
  • sitarami
    sitarami Posts: 68 Member
    I've been doing yoga for three months now and all i can say is wow! :happy:
    I strongly encourage you to purchase online a dvd from canada< NAMASTE: Yoga Practice by Kate Potter. Cinematically it is the most beautifully shot exercise video i've ever seen. The workout is yoga-riffic! The music and Kate's voice is trace like. Please let me know what you think. If you have FIT TV you should also be able to catch the show.
    -Namaste
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    I love Rodney Yee's yoga DVD's also. I also have a "beginners" Gaiam Ashtanga yoga with Nicki Doane that is really good, but it's more like intermediate level. You could start by just doing sun salutation part A, and work up to doing part B later. Then there is another section at the end with "individual" yoga poses for stretching.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    I agree with "Sitarami"...I love Kate Potter's "Namaste Yoga"...she has the best voice of any instructor known to me...here are her website addresses:

www.namaste.tv
    www.katepotteryoga.ca

Enjoy!
  • sitarami
    fatdancer, I'm sure you know of the SHIMMY workouts! Its also produced by the same company that produced Namaste. Arent they great.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    fatdancer, I'm sure you know of the SHIMMY workouts! Its also produced by the same company that produced Namaste. Arent they great.

Yes Ma'am, I sure do...they are wonderfully produced...do you bellydance?
  • sitarami
    did some of the 'shimmy' dancing then I left the area and im now in the caribbean. i dont get FIT tv here so no more shimmy and namaste workouts on FIT tv. i do miss it. but i purchased a video by Amira Mor---and lost interest in belly dancing. the Amira More videos dont have the beautiful look of the Shimmy workouts- i lost interest then.
  • Mariposa
    Mariposa Posts: 15 Member
    thank you everyone